Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beach bubba Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2012, 03:31 PM
    New Asus mother board, no sound at speaker.
    New built Asus M5A 78L-M (Win 7). Everything works with no tinkering except the onboard sound. Device mgr shows it is working, not muted and cranked up, loaded new Realtek driver. Everything shows it working but it has no sound. Cheap Logiteck speakers work on another computer with xp . Could it have something to do with the high definition aspect? Do I have to buy special speakers? I have tried other older than dirt speakers... they don't work either, except on the other computer.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Apr 30, 2012, 08:51 PM
    Did you install the AMD chipset driver first before installing the audio and other drivers? Also check the speaker configuration in the driver or control panel.

May 1, 2012, 06:21 AM
    I did the install from the motherboard disk, then installed the Win 7 and did not try to plug in the speakers for some time after that. It was at that point that I searched the problem and saw that it must be common as there was a lot of similair posts on blogs about no sound on Asus motherboards. The consensus was to install a realtek driver, which is what I did... still no sound. The graph shows sounds when I play a sound in the device setup but no sound from the speakers. I have tried two different speaker sets that I know to work on the previous computer.. (XP). I might add, that the new install went the smoothest I have ever done... except for the sound problem. Thanks for your attention, sure hope someone comes up with the answer.

May 1, 2012, 06:32 AM
    ... device mgr says there is no speaker plugged in... says device is working properly.
    yoyomongo Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2012, 07:08 PM
    Is there multiple sound cards installed, if not, then you need to reinstall your driver, because your computer is not reading it.
    joecoolvette Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

May 6, 2012, 12:41 AM
    1) Which audio drivers did you download?

ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS M5A78L-M LX

2) AND what do you mean,. the 'consensus'?

Drivers are available from Asus.

There are TWO. Both are Realtek.

No consensus needed, lol!

Regards,
    joecoolvette

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have asus mother board but no sound drive installed in it [ 1 Answers ]

I have purchached asus mother board M2N68-AM SE2 with AMD PROCESSOR but it have no sound

No sound through head set but speaker sound intact on my HP laptop after replacing hd [ 1 Answers ]

I had to replace my hard drive on my HP laptop and since then I am not getting any sound through my head set while speaker sound remain intact

Sound drivers and players for susi linux 10 on mercury mother board [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a PC with mercury mother board, model PI845GVM and installed susi linux 10 It is not recognised the sound card Any software for sound drivers and players for susi linux? Please send any website for these softwares? Thank you in advance

No sound, asus mother board built in sound card [ 16 Answers ]

My comp plays no sounds. All drivers are installed and I have re installed them 2. Its well annoyin. Any help with this would be great. Thanks

View more questions Search