Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maria2day Posts: 94, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2012, 12:13 PM
    Antivirus security popups
    I am looking for antivirus software. I have used Norton before but don't like it because of the annoying popups I get. It seems most every time I go to a website it asks if I want to allow it. Any suggestions on software that I can install and forget about?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 30, 2012, 12:18 PM
    Most programs will give some degree of pop up, even if they are simply informational.
    Give this one a go.
    Minimal popups and it's free: Avira Free Antivirus - Download Best Antivirus Software
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2012, 12:39 PM
    I highly recommend Microsoft's product: Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spyware preventer, windows antivirus 2008, advanced antivirus,ultimate antivirus [ 3 Answers ]

Spyware preventer, windows anti virus 2008, advanced anti virus,ultimate antivirus I have all three of these things on my computer and there ruining it, I had a couple others that were just as bad in the scene of "pop ups" but much easier to get rid of >control panel add remove programs and...

Unwanted popups [ 4 Answers ]

I'm having difficulty with popups on start up on my desk top. I get 2 popups "fatal error hpqth08.exe clr error 800004005. hpqth08.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". The 2nd popup is TrayApp. "this feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not...

I have a popups situation [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me I have problems with popups for three days, every five to ten minutes they popup... a white screen with about 3 ads on it, I have tried spybot,adaware,spyware doctor,advanced windows cleaner, avast, stopzilla super antispyware, and nothing seems to help.

Still getting popups after formatting [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. Here is my question. I formatted my HD because it had several viruses and spyware on it (Using the windows CD, Deleting NTFS partitions etc.. )After reinstalling all the hardware the ONLY thing I did was log on to Windows update(Start menu, windows update.. connected to windows site...

How do I stop these popups? [ 10 Answers ]

I ran Adaware on my computer. Then I ran a virus program that did a full scan. I set my browser to No-Popups. My son was using the computer to go to a kids site and a pop-up came up. Any advice? We are using xp home edition.

View more questions Search