Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khajanajmuddin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2012, 11:24 PM
    1:200 slope for drainage pipe
    What is the formula to calculate slope for drainage pipes?
    For example 1:200 slope for 200mm pipe?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2012, 04:47 PM
    In my experience in U.S. highway construction, drainage (storm) is normally expressed as a percentage.
    I would interpret a 1:200 factor (although I have never seen it with drainage drawings) to be one foot of drop in 200 feet, or a 0.5% gradient, calculated by dividing the amount of fall (1 foot) by the horizontal distance, then multiplying by 100 for percent of gradient.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drainage Slope? [ 2 Answers ]

How much slope should be in external drainage network? What is the maximum and minimum level should we fallow?

Ideal slope for drainage in restaurant? [ 4 Answers ]

Ideal slop for drainage in restaurant to drain waste water from sink &other equipment's 1:?

Steep Drainage Slope [ 4 Answers ]

An Aerobic Wastewater Treatment System will be located about 125 meters (410 Ft) away and about 50 meters (165 Ft) down, from where the residence is located. That would result, if straight forward connected, in a drainage slope of about 22°. Any problems with such a connection? (Speed at the...

Yard and Patio Drainage Slope [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting ready to build a Patio and Landscape my yard. What is the proper slope for drainage (per foot). Second part of same question. My neighbor's yard is higher than mine and I also need to slope mine more away from my house. Will I need to put in a retaining wall to prevent the water...

Exterior drainage - paths slope towards garage [ 1 Answers ]

After a few rainfalls, I realised that water seeps into my aluminium clad garage from concrete paths on 3 sides and from a slight bank on one side. I've put drain-coil into the bank and dug a trench to below ground level on that side but the trench still tends to fill up. This side gets run-off...

View more questions Search