Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yourtipi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2012, 12:32 PM
    Fire Taping - Fiber Tape or Paper Tape?
    Just wondered if when fire taping a garage or separating occupancies, whether it matters if you use fiber tape or paper tape; I would expect that paper would be the correct method?

TP
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2012, 05:07 AM
    Most division walls use paper tape but with proper embedment of fiberglass tape it probably doesn't make much difference. Check with your local bldg inspector.
    yourtipi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2012, 05:45 PM
    Thank you very much, I'll check with the inspector.

Regards,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paper vs fiberglass tape [ 4 Answers ]

Im developing my basement and wanted to get some advise on what is better paper vs fiberglass tape ? What is better for the long run and less repairs ? Thanks

Tape conversation [ 4 Answers ]

Can a tape conversation between two people be use as evidence in cicurit court without the other person knowing he or she is been recorded

Mud and tape [ 5 Answers ]

Any one know what to charge per square ft. for mud and taping a basement if all materials are supplied. No ceiling work, just walls and bulkheads. Thanks

Tape worm [ 12 Answers ]

I am scared I have one- most likely no because the only raw meat I eat is Sushi. "Often no signs or symptoms Most people who are infected with tapeworm don't show symptoms. Signs and symptoms of intestinal infection Most likely, you won't have any signs or symptoms with an intestinal...

View more questions Search