Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sloriolish87 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2004, 03:26 PM
    Blackheads - should I ignore?
    Iam a high schooler and am plagued by blackheads. My skin doesn' thave just a few solitary blackheads easily removed by a blackhead remover, but hundreds of blackheads on my cheeks and nose. So, a blackhead extractor is not useful for me. Even if I tried, they are already too deep in my skin. I don't have the cystic type of acne. THe thing is, even if I do successfully remove the blackhead, it appears the next day. I've given up. I wonder, what would happen if I just ignored the blackheads and not tried to remove them out? If I do ignore them, my biggest fear is that they will never disappear and will forever remain ingrained into my skin, eventually becoming too deep for removal. Will this happen? Should I just ignore the blackheads? Exfoliating doesn't work either. My blackheads just return within a couple days.
    militantheart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2004, 05:31 PM
    Have you tried the pore strips that you wet, put on your skin and then peel off? In some cases if you use them once every week or so while washing your face twice daily with normal or medicated face wash (such as gammophen) and a face washer they can reduce the size of your pores.
    sloriolish87 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2004, 06:01 PM
    Yes, I have tried pore strips, but my blackheads are so deep they aren't that effective. My main concern is, what happens if I just ignore my blackheads? Will they disappear when I grow up, or will they just be permanently ingrained into my skin?
    Draven Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2005, 03:27 PM
    I don't think that they'll just disappear.

If you want to try and get rid of them, get a facial. At the beginning, they'll point this tool that blows steam *gently* at your face. It enlarges the pores. Then, they'll remove it. It costs about 50 dollars, but it's worth it.
    Atlas Posts: 25, Reputation: 0
    -

May 22, 2005, 11:58 AM
    Blackheads
    Then it's back again after 2 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven
    I don't think that they'll just dissapear.

If you want to try and get rid of them, get a facial. At the beginning, they'll point this tool that blows steam *gently* at your face. It enlarges the pores. Then, they'll remove it. It costs about 50 dollars, but it's worth it.
    lucyinthesky Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2005, 02:03 AM
    Hey I also get blackheads (not as bad and only on my nose) but they're annoying. I was searching a home remedies website and found a way to get rid of them... I haven't tried it yet, however you might want to just to see how it works... even if it temporarily gets rid of them you can do it when it matters most.. in the morning before school/work or on the weekends before going out! Good luck!

To rid blackheads, mix cornstarch with vinegar, plaster on the area for 15-30 minutes; wash off with washcloth and warm water
    Dreamer Posts: 76, Reputation: 13

May 23, 2005, 02:52 AM
    There is a skin condition that causes excessive blackheads, much like the condition that causes acne. It is something that you may want to check with a Dermatologist on. There can be a permanent solution to this. The way I see it is, why spend all that money on products that are only going to temporarily fix your problem?

As for your other question about leaving them alone... No, they will not be ingrained in to your skin. After a while, your pores will expand and some of them will disappear. However, it can cause permanent skin blemishes if not taken care of properly, so I'd get it checked out if I were you.

Hope this helps! Good luck with you. I know it has to be awful and irritating for you.
    Mags69 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2005, 10:24 AM
    I suggest
    You try it first. Then tell us what happens, is that fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by lucyinthesky
    Hey I also get blackheads (not as bad and only on my nose) but they're annoying. I was searching a home remedies website and found a way to get rid of em...i haven't tried it yet, however you might want to just to see how it works...even if it temporarily gets rid of them you can do it when it matters most..in the morning before school/work or on the weekends before going out! good luck!

To rid blackheads, mix cornstarch with vinegar, plaster on the area for 15-30 minutes; wash off with washcloth and warm water

May 23, 2005, 03:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags69
    you try it first. Then tell us what happens, is that fair enough.
    I would but I'm in college... and I don't have either of those ingredients at hand, or the means to get them... otherwise I would!
    -

May 24, 2005, 07:49 AM
    You're in college
    You can get cornstarch and vinegar in your school lab. :D
    I would but I'm in college...and I don't have either of those ingredients at hand, or the means to get them....otherwise I would!
    -

May 24, 2005, 08:04 AM
    Lucy
    When you say you don't have means to get it. Do you live in a dorm, are you guys not allowed to go out? As far as college students who live in a dorm are concerned, they basically can do and go wherever, whenever, whatever they wish upon lights out, and that's a fact. If you live at home, vinegar and cornstarch are two basic ingredients that you can find in any shelf in every cooking family all over the world. You may say you don't cook, what about the other people that you living with. We're talking about vinegar and cornstach here, not crack cocaine.

I would but I'm in college...and I don't have either of those ingredients at hand, or the means to get them....otherwise I would!

May 24, 2005, 02:46 PM
    Ok now... I'm just trying to help. My roommates don't have cornstarch and vinegar at hand and I'm not about to spend 5 bucks of beer money on that. It was just a suggestion to use those two things. I'm assuming it works otherwise it wouldn't be posted on a home remedies site. I actually just found a face wash that is the only one that works on my blackheads it's made by Clean and Clear and its called Continuous Control Acne Cleanser. THAT I can say I have tried and does work for me! :D
    -

May 25, 2005, 06:38 AM
    Well said Lucy
    Now that's an Honest opinion.

Ok now....I'm just tryin to help. My roommates dont have cornstarch and vinegar at hand and I'm not about to spend 5 bucks of beer money on that. It was just a suggestion to use those two things. I'm assuming it works otherwise it wouldn't be posted on a home remedies site. I actually just found a face wash that is the only one that works on my blackheads it's made by Clean and Clear and its called Continuous Control Acne Cleanser. THAT i can say i have tried and does work for me! :D
    bettablue38 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2011, 02:55 PM
    Speak to your doctor they will be able to get you a prescription that will suit your skin and help your skin problem. They will be able to give creams or tablets that will reduce oils and bacteria and the treatment is so cheap if in the US or UK private.

You can also make a paste of bicarbonate of soda and water.
    2 table spoons of bicarbonate of sods
    1 table spoon of water
    Mix until you get a paste then wet face in shower with hot water leave wet then apply paste rub in but be gentle after 30 seconds of rubbing wash off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blackheads.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone I have oily skin and have noticed that my skin is very shiny which looks slightly odd.. does anyone know how to remove blackheads? I have tried steaming the lips (thats were the blackheads appear) but my hands slipped.. I squeezed REALLY hard but that didn't work and was quite painful.....

Changes in Society - do we ignore them, or enforce banning? [ 52 Answers ]

Amazing how they now opt to wait until after the election... After reading this, I wash shocked that a lot of 'closet puritans' want to ban marriages... then why not change the law so that partners in life have certain legal rights accordingly. There are no longer Christmas decorations...

Pimples/blackheads [ 4 Answers ]

I have pretty bad acne.. and now I'm starting to get black heads.. and I wear cover up where ever I go because I hate pimples.. I pick at them to.. I no its not good for your skin if you do that.. right now.. I use clean & clear face wash and moisturizer, neutrogena, and this stuff you put on right...

View more questions Search