Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    feralfriend Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2012, 10:59 AM
    Is feral cat OK without her kittens
    A young feral cat living near us has had 5 kittens only 2 have survived I arranged for a lady from a rescue centre to take them at about 4 weeks old she would have took mum but we can't catch her, the thing is mum is still full of milk will her body adjust of its own accord she doesan't look to good at the moment.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Apr 28, 2012, 03:44 PM
    A healthy cat should be fine, but as you say she isn't looking to good right now, she may need some attention.
    If you can't catch her then that is a problem if she needs medical care.
    Does the rescue group or shelter in your area have a humane trap that could be borrowed to catch her so that the rescue group could tend to her.
    That is if you haven't already tried that.
    I'm assuming she won't let you get to close.
    A carrier baited with food would work, but onlyu if you can keep a very close eye and catch her going in.
    Good luck catching her and bless you for stepping up and trying to help her and her kittens.

Apr 29, 2012, 04:53 AM
    Thanks for your reply I am in the process of trying to get a trap at the moment, but apart from this one lady who came from Sheffield to get kittens and doesan't have a trap I can't seem to find anyone to interested trouble is there all miles away and I have no transport. The cat also lives with two toms in an old outhouse behind double gates so without the residents help I can't get to them on a regular basis, they all have my phone number but they don't seem to bothered I am sure they will be when there overrun with cats. The apathy of some humans astounds me at times. I will keep on trying though with luck it will happan thanks a lot. feralfriend. England.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Apr 30, 2012, 06:33 PM
    Well, it sounds like a tough situation, I wish you luck. I know what you mean about people being apathetic, that seems to be the way in the States too. But people like you who try to help make a big difference.
    Keep up the good work.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 30, 2012, 06:39 PM
    If she lives with two toms, she's going to get pregnant again real soon -- and that won't be good for her physically. I hope you can catch her soon.

May 1, 2012, 07:38 AM
    Thanks, I will always keep on trying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feral Cat Hanging Tree In William Creek,S.Australia [ 15 Answers ]

I just want people to be aware of what goes on in aussie country.This is pathetic & sickening.WARNING.. DISTURBING PHOTOS. http://www.thylazine.org/gallery/catree/

Feral community.found cat tail today [ 3 Answers ]

I'm scared. I have about 10 cats (prev 13 and I had ten trapped and neutered-TNR). Today I went to add another bad of garbage before they came to collect and on top of The pile was a real cat tail. I'm scared. I have trained most of the cats to be Friendly but they still run from strangers. ...

Semi-domesticated feral cat losing weight, but belly size still normal--what is it? [ 1 Answers ]

We have a semi-domesticated feral cat. He adopted us after the TNR (trap, neuter, release) program. So, he has had all his shots and tested for whatever they test for. It is really hard to get him in a cage to take him to the vet, but we've done it twice. He gave him a shot that was an...

Capturing feral kittens [ 8 Answers ]

We are trying to rid our neighborhood of stray cats. I have been trying to catch the kittens when they are 8-10 weeks old, to see if I can tame them enough to be adoptable for others. Anyone have any ideas to accomplish this? They are VERY fast! I've been feeding them, and hope to lead them...

Feral cat [ 1 Answers ]

Cat you socialize a feral cat? To what extent can be social him. Any suggestions on how to do it? Thanks. Sharon [email protected]

View more questions Search