Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    victoria_tz0 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2012, 01:46 AM
    I am 17 and pregnant; can I move out of state with my boyfriend if I am on probation?
    I am 17 years old and 2 months pregnant. My boyfriend wants me to move to North Dakota with him since it's his baby. I live in Montana and I am currently on probation. If my mother signs the papers and such will I be able to move out of state?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 28, 2012, 04:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by victoria_tz0 View Post
    I am 17 years old and 2 months pregnant. My boyfriend wants me to move to North Dakota with him since it's his baby. I live in Montana and I am currently on probation. If my mother signs the papers and such will I be able to move out of state?
    There are no papers to sign. Your not 18 and you can't leave home until then. How old is your boyfriend?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 28, 2012, 04:34 AM
    Believe it or not, there are "forms" in Montana.

Emancipation - Montana Courts
    \
    Your mother and father ( got to find him or try to) has to sign it, it is filed in court and the court will set a hearing date. You have to show that you can also finish high school on your own if you are not already out.

Then after the hearing if they grant it, you will have to ask permission of the PO to move.

It will take about 6 months for the court hearing on the emancipation. And about 1 to 2 months on the PO to give permission to move. So it will be about a 8 month process

If parents would sign for you to get married, and then PO will OK you to get married and move. It would be faster 1 to 3 month time frame.

*** All of this is "if" the boy is not on probation or parole his self and/or not part of the crime you are on probation from. If he is on probatoin or parole, it is less likely the PO will allow you to go and move in with him.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 28, 2012, 04:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Believe it or not, there are "forms" in Montana.

Emancipation - Montana Courts
    \
    Your mother and father ( got to find him or try to) has to sign it, it is filed in court and the court will set a hearing date. You have to show that you can also finish high school on your own if you are not already out.

Then after the hearing if they grant it, you will have to ask permission of the PO to move.

It will take about 6 months for the court hearing on the emancipation. And about 1 to 2 months on the PO to give permission to move. So it will be about a 8 month process

If parents would sign for you to get married, and then PO will ok you to get married and move. It would be faster 1 to 3 month time frame.

*** All of this is "if" the boy is not on probation or parole his self and/or not part of the crime you are on probation from. If he is on probatoin or parole, it is less likely the PO will allow you to go and move in with him.

Here is the problem. There would be a presumption of guilt in a case like this as the OP is already pregnant. The move would be illegal. As the age of consent in North Dakota is 18. There is a high potential for the commission of a crime at this point.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 28, 2012, 07:13 AM
    Under probation for what?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I move my probation to another state if I am on felony probation [ 13 Answers ]

I am on 10 years felony probation in Texas due to an insane ex girlfriend who keeps harassing me I tried to do an interstate transfer back to Pennsylvania where my new girlfriend currently is from but was denied. However my girlfriend is pregnant and we want to live in pa, how do I do this if she...

Can I move out of state while on probation? [ 19 Answers ]

Hey guys I'm on probation for two felony charges and I have a great opportunity out of state for a new job and a fresh start on life with a different crowd of friends for the better. I know its possible to transfer out of state from reading some of the previous answers on this site< but I'm not...

On probation and need to move out of state [ 7 Answers ]

I am on probation for misdeamnor and I live in Kansas and my husband lives in Iowa. I want to move to be with him and I have been getting the run around for a year a half now and they won't let me move. What can I do.

How do you move to another state while on first offender probation? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm on first offender and I'm wanting to move to a state that does not recognize that law. Is it possible to do this?

View more questions Search