Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kjg2489 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2012, 07:01 PM
    Can my soon to be 14y/o choose to live with absent father?
    My daughter will be 14 in July and recently met her father for the first time since she was a baby. He told her he could take me back to court if she wanted to live with him. We went to court almost 4 years ago for child support and he didn't ask for any visitation. Will a judge allow him to get full custody if my daughter wants to live with him? I am a good mother, held full time job since I had my daughter and do no drugs or anything. We live in West Virginia. Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 27, 2012, 07:38 PM
    She can not choose anything till she is 18, If he wants her to live with him, he will need to go to court and ask to have the custody order modified, While at 14 she can testify, the fact he has not visited and she has not relationship will make his case hard
    Kjg2489 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2012, 08:56 PM
    Thanks for the response. I have a certified letter to pick up at the post office. I'm pretty sure he has went back for a modification. I'm sure he is wanting out of child support but they are still strangers to her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Absent Father [ 4 Answers ]

My 10 year old son hasn't seen or heard from his father in 11 months. He is still paying child support through a wage assignment. Can I take him to court to get his rights relinquiesh and have my husband adopt him?

Absent father [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter is 10 yrs old and she never lived with her father he has never been in her life... I don't know where he is located and I want to know how can I have sole custody I have to renew her passport and can't do it with out his consent... any suggestions?

Can a 13yr. Old Choose to live with father in CA. [ 1 Answers ]

My exwife has full custody. My son is now 13 and desires to live with me. In California can A 13yr. Old's want, need, desire, overrule a court order and Force change in child support orders? Thanks in advance for taking time to review request.

Absent Father [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old son whose father has been absent his entire life. Meaning no child support. He does call occasionally but he doesn't give me one dime for my son. He says he loves my son and what not. Is there a way I could terminate his parental rights?

View more questions Search