Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovely_lady123 Posts: 35, Reputation: -1

Apr 27, 2012, 06:17 PM
    Is Purging your Heart Dangerous
    I have athsma on and off and trouble breathing a lot so is it okay when my heart purges all by it self? Like when I feel my heart go 34 BPM then it goes 157 BPM, Is that bad for me? Sometimes I have these horrible convoltions when my heart skips a beat and or my heart stops completely for 3 or 4 seconds! I faint a lot or black out
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 27, 2012, 06:23 PM
    I'm no doctor or anything but I'm going to suggest something that might be just a little bit crazy and off the wall...

Go see a doctor and talk to them about this... it doesn't sound normal at all. You're blacking out from it? Why are you asking us and not already seeking help from a doctor?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 27, 2012, 07:45 PM
    Yes this is can be serious, you need to see your doctor about this

Apr 29, 2012, 10:46 AM
    Yes, my doctor said this is normal since I have athsma and trouble breathing. I just want to ask this question to see if I am the olny one out there with this! Some days it just feels like I am. I go to my doctor 2 times a month, he says my condition is getting worse which is not good for me. I now have been diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat! (scares me alot) That also increases my risk of a stroke or a heart attack! My heart last time was going 34 BPM and then 157 BPM but since it has gotten worse it has been 28 BPM and then 182 bpm!
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 29, 2012, 10:49 AM
    I think I would be going to see another doctor to be sure.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2012, 12:46 PM
    Have you actually been to a cardiologist? If not, you need to do so. The trouble breathing may not be due to asthma but due to a heart condition. What medication(s) are you taking for the asthma? Those can be a cause as well. What sort of testing did your doctor perform? What was checked?

Apr 29, 2012, 06:34 PM
    Yes, I have been to many cardiologists! My trouble breathing is due to my athsma I also have these other symptoms: Rapid beathing, uncontrolable coughing, wheezing, chest pain, and pale face. I like to stay fit so I run on my treadmill, I don't go outside because that may trigger an athsma attack, and I don't have my equipment with me either which helps me breath ( also saves my life) I have many inhalers and my main one is Advair. I also keep my rescue inhaler in my pocket!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 29, 2012, 07:14 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean bu "purging" your heart, but considering you have had 7 children, there may be a risk of a disorder called cardiomegaly and/or congestive heart failure that may be causing this irregular heart beat.

I would suggest getting a second opinion from another cardiologist.

May 1, 2012, 05:32 PM
    Yes, my doctor said it may have something to do with having 7 kids. When I was giving birth to my twins ( Hannah and Tori) my heart failed, but I have had athsma and heart problems ever since I could remember.
    Uber Member

May 2, 2012, 03:24 AM
    What specific heart problems do you have and what has been done for it?

May 3, 2012, 03:47 PM
    Premature Ventricular Contractions, Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardiamy, Bradyarrhythmias are my heart arrythmias. I also had heart failure which caused damage to my heart, and weakning of my cardiovascular system!
    Uber Member

May 3, 2012, 03:56 PM
    Wow, with 7 pregnancies! How did they manage your pregnancies? Unfortunately, I suppose you suffered a few losses as well. So the medications you have now are not really helping? What has your doctor suggested you try next for the arrhythmia and blacking out?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 4, 2012, 05:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lovely_lady123 View Post
    Yes, my doctor said it may have something to do with having 7 kids. When i was giving birth to my twins ( Hannah and Tori) my heart failed, but I have had athsma and heart problems ever since I could remember.

What does "my heart failed" mean? I'm not the only one here who either is a cardiac patient or is/was married to a cardiac patient. Some of what you've posted does not make sense, medically.
    Uber Member

May 4, 2012, 04:25 PM
    It is only a matter of time... :)

May 4, 2012, 04:43 PM
    Well I am taking Amiodarone for my heart arythmias. When I say that my heart failed I mean my heart just stopped beating! My older kids and my husband told me that I was laying there waiting for my twin girls to be handed to me and I just went limp! Some doctors suddenly rushed to my aid, and kicked my family out! My 4 eldest kids were born by vaginal birth and the other 3 were born by caesarean section.
    Uber Member

May 4, 2012, 05:00 PM
    Your doctor had you taking Amiodarone during your pregnancies? And your doctor has said that your blacking out, having convulsions when your heart skips a beat, an irregular heartbeat, and a lot of trouble breathing are normal due to your asthma?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 4, 2012, 05:17 PM
    What about this? "Individuals who are pregnant or may become pregnant are strongly advised to not take amiodarone."

May 4, 2012, 05:44 PM
    No, no! I definantly was NOT taking Amiodarone while I was in my pregnancies! I would never! I have olny just started taking it about a month ago. My trouble breathing, convoltions and blacking out was yes, due to my athsma. But my heart skipping a beat was happening a lot while I was pergnant with the twins and is still happening now, my heart also is stopping for about 3 or 4 seconds. This is how it happens: My heart is going really fast then it goes slow so I try to take a pulse, I find it and its beating abnormaly (fast, slow, fast, slow) so I keep taking my pulse and it just seems to be stopping, I start wheezing then I black out! My husband is always close by to help me if I need it!
    Uber Member

May 4, 2012, 05:54 PM
    What was done for your heart problems while you were pregnant?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 4, 2012, 05:59 PM
    I still don't know what you mean by "purging."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I purging right? [ 2 Answers ]

I just recently started purging everything I eat about 5mins after I eat, is that too soon to get everything out?

Is my heart rate and/or blood pressure dangerous/abnormal? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a 19 year old female at 5ft5 and weighing 8st9lbs. I had my heart rate taken from laying down, sitting down and standing up and also had my blood pressure taken. Laying down heart rate: 94bpm Sitting down heart rate: 96bpm Standing up heart rate: 105bpm My blood pressure is 106/94...

I've been purging for about a year now [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have been purging for about a year now and I am only 16 years old. I got it under control and I stopped doing it but I'm still afraid that I have screwed up my health? My teeth seem to look OK but I heard that acid eats them away when purging. Will the acid eat my teeth as I grow up(not saying...

Is purging bad? [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: Every time I look in the mirror I look terrible. I look like I gained ten pounds since yesterday. I tried to diet but being twelve at that time it was hard because parents notice everything. Then I started to not eat and now I don't and purge. One of my friends found out and they...

Dog Purging [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. Im writing about my fathers Golden Retriever dog. He is about 5 years old. Lately when he's been eating he will immediately bring up his food. My dad has noted that its not whether the dog eats it fast or not. We feel its an upset stomach or just a reaction to food or his environment... any...

View more questions Search