Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovely_lady123 Posts: 35, Reputation: -1

May 4, 2012, 06:21 PM
    I was in the hospital about every 1 week because I had heart problems. Every time I was in the hospital they put me on medical ventilator, so it would help me breath and whenever I was on it I just felt so good! When I told the doctors, they asked me and my husband if we wanted a portable one! I told them yes, it cost us 20,000 dollars! So when I was pergnant I used that machine all the time! I still do now (mostly when I can not breath or when I am sleeping)!

May 4, 2012, 06:23 PM
    I mean "purging" by stopping or slowing down then starting or speeding up.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 4, 2012, 06:26 PM
    Medical ventilator?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 5, 2012, 04:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Medical ventilator?

- as opposed to... what? You beat me to it.
    Expert

May 5, 2012, 04:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    - as opposed to ... what? You beat me to it.
    I'm wondering if she means a nebulizer, you know the device that is used at home for breathing treatments of people with asthma, copd, etc.

May 5, 2012, 05:31 PM
    My doctors told me it was called a medical ventilator... Hmmm??
    FirstChair Posts: 179, Reputation: 17

May 6, 2012, 12:56 AM
    You mean the ventilators we see in ICU (Intentive Care Unit) it breaths for the patient or client.

May 6, 2012, 01:09 AM
    Sounds like you need to be reducing your stress level by seeing if you qualify for a type of in home supportive services, if your insurance does not provide.

Also, has a doctor ever suggested a catheter ablation procedure to regulate your heart?

May 8, 2012, 04:50 PM
    Yes, I do mean a ventilator that we see in ICU! No a doctor has never suggested a Catheter Ablation Procedure what is that?

May 9, 2012, 02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lovely_lady123 View Post
    Yes, I do mean a ventilator that we see in ICU! No a doctor has never suggested a Catheter Ablation Procedure what is that?
    Catheter ablation is an invasive procedure used to remove a faulty electrical pathway from the hearts of those who are prone to developing cardiac arrhythmias...

I don't know if this would be for you. It only helps certain types of arrhythmias. I know people with atrial fibrillation (A-Fib) and they've had it done and doing fine, with great improvement healthwise. It is surgical procedure with a catheter to map and correct passage ways of the heart. I think your problem is in the ventricular part of your heart. This procedure is NOT open heart surgery. See link below>>>

Treating Heart Arrhythmias with Ablation
    Expert

May 9, 2012, 02:49 PM
    Yes, I do mean a ventilator that we see in ICU!
    That is when a tube is placed down your throat and a machine breathes for you. Is that still the same thing?

May 18, 2012, 04:27 PM
    Yes, I think so!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 18, 2012, 04:47 PM
    Yes, I think so!
    You think that is what you have? Which ventilator did you purchase?
    Expert

May 18, 2012, 04:51 PM
    I think you mean a nebulzier. The kind you use when you have an asthma attack to help you breathe better.

Correct?
    Uber Member

May 18, 2012, 04:55 PM
    J... that would make sense, but she mentioned that she had paid 20,000 for a portable one.

"Everytime I was in the hospital they put me on medical ventilator, so it would help me breath and whenever I was on it I just felt so good! When I told the doctors, they asked me and my husband if we wanted a portable one! I told them yes, it cost us 20,000 dollars!"

Hmmmm... the plot thickens...
    Expert

May 18, 2012, 04:58 PM
    Yes, but she couldn't be put on a ventilator at home. It takes a doctor or an anesthesiologist to do the intubating necessary to ventilate a patient. And then the setting PIP and PEEP have to be monitored very closely. This is why it is done ONLY in an ICU or long term care facility setting.
    Uber Member

May 18, 2012, 05:06 PM
    Exactly... :) At the very least it would require home health care to monitor and that is for someone who uses it chronically. She wouldn't be off and on it routinely... hence the question of why she would have a 20,000 dollar "nebulizer".
    Expert

May 18, 2012, 05:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    why she would have a 20,000 dollar "nebulizer".
    I don't know of a nebulizer that costs that much OR of a ventilator that is that cheap.
    Uber Member

May 18, 2012, 05:20 PM
    Once again, it is only a matter of time...

May 21, 2012, 07:23 PM
    Okay, hold on... When did I say that my medical ventilator or nebulizer costs 20,000 dollars!? We bought ours for 200 dollars! No way would we purchase a medical ventilator or nebulizer for 20,000 dollars! Now that we got that all straight forward, I have been going online to check out the diffrences between medical ventilators and nebulizers and they don't look alike. I think we own a nebulizer not a ventilator! We have bought two more nebulizers, a wheelchair and a watch that is constantly taking my pulse to help manage all my medical problems... one of the nebulizers is going in my minivan and the other is going out in the backyard! My new watch beeps if my pulse is too high or too low! Yes it has been an interesting couple of weeks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I purging right? [ 2 Answers ]

I just recently started purging everything I eat about 5mins after I eat, is that too soon to get everything out?

Is my heart rate and/or blood pressure dangerous/abnormal? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a 19 year old female at 5ft5 and weighing 8st9lbs. I had my heart rate taken from laying down, sitting down and standing up and also had my blood pressure taken. Laying down heart rate: 94bpm Sitting down heart rate: 96bpm Standing up heart rate: 105bpm My blood pressure is 106/94...

I've been purging for about a year now [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have been purging for about a year now and I am only 16 years old. I got it under control and I stopped doing it but I'm still afraid that I have screwed up my health? My teeth seem to look OK but I heard that acid eats them away when purging. Will the acid eat my teeth as I grow up(not saying...

Is purging bad? [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: Every time I look in the mirror I look terrible. I look like I gained ten pounds since yesterday. I tried to diet but being twelve at that time it was hard because parents notice everything. Then I started to not eat and now I don't and purge. One of my friends found out and they...

Dog Purging [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. Im writing about my fathers Golden Retriever dog. He is about 5 years old. Lately when he's been eating he will immediately bring up his food. My dad has noted that its not whether the dog eats it fast or not. We feel its an upset stomach or just a reaction to food or his environment... any...

View more questions Search