Ask
    bilbom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2012, 09:40 AM
    Force staff to attend religious services
    Can a religious 501c3 force staff to attend re3ligious services
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2012, 09:49 AM
    No. Can a not-for-profit hire and fire under the laws of the State where it's located? Yes.

It's employment at will, so a person could, in theory, be fired for not attending religious services. Would a discrimination lawsuit be filed? Would the employer be found guilty of discriminating? Possibly.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 27, 2012, 09:53 AM
    No they can not force you but they could terminate you if they feel like it. Most state are "at will" employment states. Barring an employment contract they could let you go. Can you give more info?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

From Religious Affiliation to No Religious Association [ 17 Answers ]

I just wanted to know if there are people here who have chosen to leave a certain religious community and did not replace it with another...like going from Christianity to atheism for example... If so, what was it like to tell your family? Did they push you away, try to change you, or accept...

Find force of gravity, normal force, and net force in Physics [ 6 Answers ]

A crate of mass m (=10 kg) is placed at rest on a (frictionless) inclined plane, which has an angle (= 30 deg ) above horizontal 1. The force of gravity on the crate is? 2. The normal force on the crate is? 3. The net force on the crate is? 4. How long would it take the crate to slide 8 m...

Out-of-state office space used by local staff, with a sleeping room 4 staff travelers [ 1 Answers ]

Can I rent an out-of-state office space used by local staff, with a sleeping room for other staff travelers? I run a tutoring program out of state, that requires me and the other officers of the company to visit for training and managing. Instead of paying exorbitant hotel fees, if our company...

Air Force Staff Sgt. Earl I. Covel [ 7 Answers ]

In an undisclosed region of Iraq, Air Force Staff Sgt. Earl I. Covel of Oregon was assigned to work with a small group of Army Special Forces soldiers and indigenous Kurdish fighters, when the safe house that Covel and his men were staying in came under a vicious attack. Covel, the tactical air...

View more questions Search