Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sromack4432 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2012, 08:41 AM
    In NJ what's the legal limit before a bank account can be levied
    In New Jersey can your bank account be levied if the account receives child support?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 27, 2012, 08:47 AM
    Yes, your account can be garnished and frozen and any money going in can and will be taken.
    There are some exceptions if it was social security money but even that depends on who has the garnishment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a bank account be levied on a joint account... [ 2 Answers ]

A little history. I live in Michigan. My husband and I had purchased an automobile together and we had to let it go because we couldn't afford the car anymore. This was back in 2006 that it was repo'd We have not been able to pay for it so finally they started garnishing his wage back in April...

Levied bank account [ 5 Answers ]

Ok. My husband (before we were married) dealt with a very shady car company to purchase a vehicle. He was supposed to just be inquiring about a vehicle. He did not have a down payment so the car company told him to post date a check. He wasn't comfortable doing that because he was worried...

Levied Bank Account in NJ [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I have recently had a levy put on my bank account because of an 8 yr old cc debt. The court awarded Pressler and Pressler (NJ) a default judgement because I did not show to court. The thing is I have been lving abroad for the past 2 years and was not aware of the court date. I only...

Levied bank account [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the process of filing bankruptcy, but a creditor was granted a civil judgement against me and has gone through the steps of having a county sheriff walk into my bank and seize my bank account (in california). But there was $400 in the account, but only $120 was taken (along with a $100...

Levied bank account [ 2 Answers ]

I hope I'm asking this in the right area, but I live in northern NJ and what has happened over the past couple of days is that, although I'm in a payment plan w/ a law firm, they levied my bank account w/out notifying me. Through many difficult phone calls, they told me that my last check had...

View more questions Search