Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joige Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2012, 02:13 AM
    How do I regain parents trust after a serious trust break down?
    Basically my ex fiancˇ did dope and I had a little of it now and again, but then when we broke up I found more of my mates do it too. As I enjoyed a little smoke now and again I bought my own stuff e.g a grinder and some weed. For 3 weeks I was buying my own and hiding it at home. Ä°t was never a serious addiction just a recreational activity. One day my dad and sister go shopping leaving me with my mum but I go out on my paper round leaving her on her own. My grinder which contains my weed was in my room in my tin which was in my handbag. Ä°ve been grounded 1 month now and the first weeks I was ill and got loads of treats.iv run out of jobs to do about the house the only thing I do now is my paper round once a week. But now I may have completely ****ed up as staying in doors makes me depressed I get depressed I self-harm which I have done. Any Ä°deas ?
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Apr 27, 2012, 02:51 AM
    Two concerns here, the smoking (marijuana, I assume) and the self harming.
    Have you ever sought help for these things, I think you should. Do your parents know about the self harming? As a parent, I would be very concerned about that.
    Have you self harmed during this grounding or are you speaking of the past?
    And have you stopped the smoking?
    Regaining you parents trust will not be a quick thing. You are going to have to prove that you can be trusted, by keeping your word, staying away from the weed, and the people in your life who influence you to smoke.
    Do your chores and be responsible with your school work.
    I think you as the child do not want to disappoint your parents and parents want to know that their children grow up healthy and strong and make good choices for themselves. Weed is not a good choice. And the self harming concerns me.
    As for the staying in and becoming depressed, depending on where you are and the season are there chores that you can do outside?
    Helping with the lawn, or perhaps have your Mom pick out a small place in the yard that you can turn into a flower garden for her, that will take some time to do and get you outside.
    And when you least expect it, a bouquet of pretty flowers you her to enjoy.
    Working the soil and watching things grow from it is very enjoyable and rewarding, if that is an option?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lied and I can't regain my parents' trust. [ 6 Answers ]

Help! I am 11 and I lied to my parents about finishing my schoolwork, I know, bad reason, but can you please help me how to regain their trust?

How can I regain my parents trust ? [ 22 Answers ]

So I'm 13. I liked this guy. He liked me. We talked everyday in school and we texted each other everyday. He asked me to a movie after about 2 months of this. But he cancelled out an hour before we were supposed to go. He made up a lame excuse as to why he couldn't go. I told my parents everything...

I want to know how to regain my parents trust after being arrested? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I've recently been caught buying weed in school and want to know how to regain my parents trust back to the point where it seemed like it never happened. When I was caught and arrested I was told that this would be on my record forever and that I might be expelled from school. Also my parents...

How Can I Regain My Parents' Trust? [ 23 Answers ]

Today, I had to go to my cousin's wedding (which no one wanted to go to) and we were planning on staying for maybe 2 or 3 hours *It started @ 1pm*. Then I had found out about a huge cookout that was going on that night so I really wanted to go. After trying to get my "hammered" mother ready to go...

Can you regain trust after a break up? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, here goes. A little background info. My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 7 months but we didn't become offical/exclusive tillNovember. He dumped me a few days ago because I told him once again I was uneasy about his friendship with my cousin. I get jelous quite often and moody. He...

View more questions Search