Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tracgardn Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 11:17 PM
    Assistance with dental problems
    I do not have dental insurance and am disabled and have low income. I am looking for any site or information where I might get some assistance for dental problems.
    ayg Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 09:43 AM
    I would assume that you may qualify for medical
    tracgardn Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 08:34 AM
    I do have Medicare, but they do not cover any kind of dental work. We have dental clinics, but they are not oral surgeons which I have to have. Medicare will not count this as an accident and it defiantly was, but they have the last say. I am not elderly, but disabled. Older people get Medicare and what they need the most are: dentures, hearing aids, and glasses. Did you know Medicare does not cover any of these things? I think this is so outrageous that Medicare can do our aged people this way, because one day we will be one of them.
    tinsign Posts: 275, Reputation: 66

Mar 5, 2007, 08:37 AM
    Your right they don't cover much dental try affordable dentistry, they are very reasonable on their prices. They are the lowest costing ones I know to go too.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 09:01 AM
    Where do you live? I assume it is in the U.S. There are a number of low income clinics in many states. Try putting your location, then dental assistance low income in the search engines. I just put dental assistance low income and came up with LOTS of options.

Good luck!

Didi
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Well, being Canadian I probably used the wrong term... we call them clinics here. At any rate, that's why I wanted to know where the poster lived. There IS coverage for oral surgery in some states. There are also other low cost or free places to get treatment including oral surgery... for instance The Columbia University, School of Dental and the Oral Surgery or the Oral & Maxillofacial Clinic of LSUHSC School of Medicine Medical Clinic in Shreveport, LA (it's primarily for homeless people).

By the way, tracgardn... fyi... in the ORIGINAL question you did not talk about clinics... that came later. But even so, I found several clinics that WILL do low cost or free oral surgery in the U.S. - especially for disabled people!

Didi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dental Health [ 2 Answers ]

I seen in my kid , Extra two teeths grown back of moral teeths ? Why ?

Dental advice [ 0 Answers ]

Good morning Doctor, Can you give me an advice about the case of my teeth? I have a lot of pain of caries around molars (right up and down, left up), with constant pain and a very sharp sensitivity to hot and cold, but my old dentist family thinks I have no problem..?. Some opaque areas on...

View more questions Search