Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheila10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2012, 07:11 PM
    n.c. judgments
    I won a judgment in N.C. from my renter; however, N.C. does not allow for bank or job garnishments. How do I get my money?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 26, 2012, 07:56 PM
    You don't, that is the fun thing about judgements. Most never get collected. You sell it to a collection agency perhaps for a few cents on the dollar.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgments against me [ 3 Answers ]

Bank of America filed a judgement against me for $29k, can they collect from any county in California? Or just in the county where the lien is filed? I have no real property in the county the judgement was filed. I do have real property in Texas & Oregon are these properties in jeopardy?

Judgments [ 2 Answers ]

If a judgment is ordered against me. What will the repercussions be? Such as a lean against my property, garnishment or taking money out of my bank acount and how long will this occur

Judgments and Levys [ 4 Answers ]

I have a judgment against me and I found out the hard way I have a levy on my bank account. My questions are, can a levy be put on a business account that has my name on it? Can a levy be put on a join account? Can a levy be put on a join safety deposit box? Thank you Willie

Judgments and garnishments [ 1 Answers ]

Hi A few months back I received a judgment on an old credit card that was bought by a collection agency. I just received a letter from them and called to set up payment arrangements. I was instructed that they did not have to accept this amount and could garnish my wages without having to file...

Creditor judgments [ 1 Answers ]

How long do credit card companies wait before filing judgements against you?

View more questions Search