Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    isa_berger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2012, 04:24 PM
    Lever on tub faucet won't press down!
    The lever on my faucet (to switch from shower to bath and viceversa) is stuck in the 'shower' (up) position and will not press down!
    How can I fix this problem?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 26, 2012, 04:56 PM
    Do you know the brand or can you post a picture? The lever is your diverter
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Apr 26, 2012, 05:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by isa_berger View Post
    The lever on my faucet (to switch from shower to bath and viceversa) is stuck in the 'shower' (up) position and will not press down!
    How can I fix this problem??
    Most tub faucets unscrew the whole faucet is threaded on the pipe behind it,righty tighty lefty loosy-if you get it off see if something is stuck in it and clean it out, if you can't unstick it when you have it off, maybe you can buy a new tub spicket at somewhere like home depot to match what you have. Good luck!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 26, 2012, 05:03 PM
    Jack, the poster says the lever is on the faucet, I don't think they meant spout if that is what you are describing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen tub faucet shower lever sticks [ 1 Answers ]

Yes I have a moen tub faucet and when I pull up on the shower button the water keeps on spraying out more from the tub faucet than the shower head. How can I fix this?

Single Lever Faucet install [ 1 Answers ]

The faucet I purchased is a Delta with 4inch centerset. The vanity top I am wanting to purchase says predrilled for 8" centers... this is greek to me! Does that help to identify if they will work together or not? Thx Again!

Single Lever Faucet Install. [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a single lever faucet. The vanity top I like has 3 predrilled holes. Will my new faucet fit on the three hole top? Thx!

Installation of single lever faucet on bath tub [ 1 Answers ]

How to replace the 2 handle faucets on a bath tub with a single lever faucet. How to install and what to use inside the wallwork plumbing.

Single lever faucet [ 1 Answers ]

After a year or so, the single lever kitchen faucet (which I believe is a Delta) we installed, will no longer switch to the cold water side. This just happened yesterday and we are unsure where to start looking for the problem. It is not under the sink, as we have looked at the connections and they...

View more questions Search