Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dragonlord Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 08:52 PM
    Gems in the chest area
    My mother has been looking for an old movie. The description was that the a planet had (she thinks) has just been through a nuclear war, or was after one and is nearly extinct. She recalls in this movie that the humanoids had some kind of gem in their chest of the humanoid. From what she recalls there were different colors in the gems to signify certain things. I believe the movie may have been made between 1950-1980s, but because I have never seen it I cannot tell. In this movie there was a humanoid that had a rare gem and decided to do something. Well that is all I know. I would really like to find this movie again for my mother. Can anyone identify this movie? Thanks for your time.
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Hmm, I'm shocked and dismayed that I overlooked this question. I believe that your movie could be Island City from 1994. A reviewer on imdb.com recalls this: "As for technological side, the jewels which everyone is forced to wear, by law in the show, shows how far the world may have to go in order to protect itself from disease. Basically the jewels are surgically implanted in each individual to show genetic compatibility in mates so as not to reproduce a devolved specimen of man. Apparently the life extension drug has screwed up everyone's DNA so only the right combinations of compatible mates are allowed to have children. Reds with reds, blues with blues, and so on and so forth. The only people who arn't allowed to procreate are those people who have a black jewel. Forbidden to procreate. Of course we only have one individual in the show who has a black jewel, and of course he's half devolved."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fatty chest [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. I have some how developed heavy fat on the chest... I am 5'10" and my weight is 78.. I have good muscles on shoulders and biceps.. but some how since 10 std I have this chest fat and it looks oughful on t shirts.. and if I need to take it off.. thats a nightmare.. so please let me know about...

Chest pain [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 38 year old male in pretty good health I think. About 7 months ago I went to the emergency room because I was having some chest pains and felt dizzy. I also had tingling down my arm. After the EKG, blood work, CT scan and heart monitoring, they sent me home telling me that everything was...

About the chest [ 2 Answers ]

Is is true that when you lose weight you alos lose weight in your chest?? That is what I am trying to do... for most of the part I am trying to lose weight for me and then my chest.:confused:

Chest and pec [ 1 Answers ]

I have fat around my chest and my pecs how do I make my pecs smaller and reduce my fat so I can my six pack

Tightness in chest [ 2 Answers ]

I've had a feeling of tightness in my chest for over a month now. It is most bothersome at night as I can't stop coughing. My cough is most often dry but on occasion I do cough up small amounts of mucus. A little history about me is that I am a full-time welder and smoke about a pack of cigarettes...

View more questions Search