Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 4, 2012, 12:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    And thousands of embryos don't have to be created -- one couple recently in the news had created five of them, used two of them for themselves (resulting in fraternal twins) and then via their doctor donated the other three to infertile couples.
    That's a FINANCIAL decision. Seriously... the largest cost of IVF is getting a viable embryo. It costs the SAME to create 1 or create 8. EACH TIME. So I would have done 5 as well. Same with implanting--it costs the same to implant 1 or 8... which is part of the reason so many couples go with multiples. The other reason is that a high percentage of implanted embryos don't "take".
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2012, 03:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticman72 View Post
    Priests cannot make infallible statements. They can give their opinions and state their beliefs. They are instruments of the Church and are expected to teach what the Church believes and has declared infallibly.
    It might surprise you to learn that the Church has declared very little infalliably and no one of it relates to sexuality in any form
    mysticman72 Posts: 56, Reputation: 10

May 5, 2012, 08:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    it might surprise you to learn that the Church has declared very little infalliably and noone of it relates to sexuality in any form
    From my reading and understanding of Catholic teachings, infallibility encompasses what the Church has taught the faithful on matters of faith and morals. So, that is a pretty large body of teachings, not a small slice of pie. In this regard, the Catechism and other papal documents, such as Humanae Vitae, are the infallible teachings of the Church. To that end, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, published a document in 1987, called "Respect for Human Life", in which it is clear what the teaching of the Church is in this matter.

Peace...
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2012, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticman72 View Post
    From my reading and understanding of Catholic teachings, infallibility encompasses what the Church has taught the faithful on matters of faith and morals. So, that is a pretty large body of teachings, not a small slice of pie. In this regard, the Catechism and other papal documents, such as Humanae Vitae, are the infallible teachings of the Church. To that end, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, published a document in 1987, called "Respect for Human Life", in which it is clear what the teaching of the Church is in this matter.

Peace...
    Not so, infalliability in the Catholic Church relates to a specific doctrine that the Pope can claim infalliability when speaking on doctrinal matters. The Pope has claimed this on very few occasions and as I said none of them retating to sexuality in any form. So the other teachings of the church are not published under the claim of infalliability how ever much some church officials might wish it so
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

May 11, 2012, 05:15 PM
    I thought a person's medical history and records are supposed to be private, I wonder if she could sue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small roman vial with roman head profile [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I inherited a small vial with a roman head measuring 4cm in D, I just want any information on it, I love antiques but I don't know anything about this, I was told it might be a roman tear vial, but I looked them up and it didn't resemble what I found. If nyone could help that would be...

One ? For Catholics [ 52 Answers ]

When I started my truck for work the other morning one of the stations that my sat radio goes over is Catholic radio. Anyhow while I was waiting for my sat radio to power up I was listening to one of the more famous Catholic prayers. Hail Mary full of grace etc. It got me to thinking, is this...

Roman Catholics and statues [ 11 Answers ]

I was raised RC and I've never heard this before. Neighbor is attempting to sell her house; it's been on the market for months and months. She's Baptist, was visiting a friend in a RC nursing home. One of the Nuns told my neighbor to bury a statue of St. Joseph upside down, outside, until her...

Christians and catholics [ 27 Answers ]

Some people say that christians and catholics are very similar, but they do divide because of some major doctrinal issues. Such as mass or eucharist. Catholics believe that when we take communion that the wafer actually becomes the body of jesus and the wine or juice or whatever is used becomes...

Catholics [ 4 Answers ]

Do catholic beliefs differ from one another ?

View more questions Search