Ask
    jawatkins Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Candle wax
    Removing candle wax from painted wood
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2007, 08:38 PM
    Wood Surfaces & Floors: To remove candle wax spills from wooden furniture or any type of wood surface, the first job is to soften the wax with a hairdryer set to medium heat. When the wax starts to melt wipe it off with a soft cloth. Then wipe the area with a mild vinegar solution and polish as normal.

Painted Walls: To remove wax from a painted wall or similar surface. First melt the wax with a hairdryer and wipe away the excess.

There may be a greasy mark left. You can remove this by wiping with a weak vinegar solution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Candle Wax in Carpet [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to get candle wax out of carpet? I have light tan carpet and dark brown candle wax spilled on the carpet at some point. I discovered it when moving furniture, so I'm not sure how long it has been there. :(

Colored Flame Candle [ 1 Answers ]

How to get colored flame from liquid fuel ?

More ideas for candle crafts? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a candle business and we make some pretty cool candle crafts like votive roses and scented animals but I would love some more ideas. Any ideas are appreciated!

Using double wax seals [ 1 Answers ]

I am setting a toilet on a tile floor. In the past I have used two wax seals, one with the flange and one without. The standard size does not seem to seal to the toilet base. How high should the wax extend above the floor and can I use two seals with the flange?

View more questions Search