Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lma1234 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2012, 07:37 PM
    What rights do I have?
    My grandmother passed away over a year ago, we were never given details of her will and assumed she left nothing. Upon the death of my mother less then a week ago her sister (whom she has had no contact for several years) is asking for her death certificate. We believe she wants this to take control of whatever was left to my mother or jointly left to them. What can we do? How can we find this information for little or no money?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2012, 07:56 PM
    Go though all of moms papers, look at all the papers in the drawers, boxes in the closet and more, See if there is a key on her keyring for a safety deposit box. Watch her mail for the next year to see what comes in.
    Lma1234 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2012, 08:27 PM
    Thank you for the quick response, however it does not answer my question. It's my fault, I did not provide all of the information. My mother had a stroke 6 years ago, and for the last year had been battling cancer. I believe her sister took and is still taking advantage of the situation. I can see no other reason for her to suddenly ask for her death certificate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dead beat dad rights ? NJ, Child Abadonment, Removing parental rights [ 2 Answers ]

A little background on my situation. I had a child at 17 yrs old with an 18 yr old guy. I left the father when my son was 6 months old due to physical abuse. It was not safe for my child. He has only seen our son a hand full of times since then, and not at all in the past 4 years. I do...

Relationship between individual rights or public-order rights advocates and URC/NIBRS [ 1 Answers ]

Would an individual rights advocate or a public-order advocate better support the URC/NIBRS?

The human rights of a sex offender supersede the rights of young kids in an group [ 13 Answers ]

Can you advise me ref a sex convicted sex offender being allowed to remain in a group that has a child protection policy.complaints have been made.from parents and adult members and have been ignored.the last coment from a senior person in charge of child policy the sex offender coulfd not be...

Youth and Social Work in regards to human rights and rights of the child [ 4 Answers ]

I have had to research two documents out of 4 and explain from these documents how both these documents work with clients in a fair just humane and positive manner? The two documents that I have studied are The universal declarationof human rights and the un convention on the rights of the child: ...

Legal Rights, Moral rights, and rights in general [ 5 Answers ]

Something popped up when I was answering a question the other day. My opinion is that there are laws(legal rights etc) and RIGHTS (moral rights) I though that itd be interesting to discuss. What are your opinions/experiences? Do you believe that the law has the right to determine our rights?

View more questions Search