Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jacob.bishop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2012, 04:28 PM
    Craigslist
    I sold some rims and tires to a guy off Craigslist. He called me 20 min later and told me that one of the tires had a nail in it and he wants his money back. Am I obligated in any way?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2012, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob.bishop View Post
    I sold some rims and tires to a guy off Craigslist. He called me 20 min later and told me that one of the tires had a nail in it and he wants his money back. Am I obligated in any way?
    No... stuff like that is sold as-is.. and he should have seen it before he gave you the money. Him being too dumb to look them over before handing over his money is his issue, not yours.

He could get it fixed... he could even do it himself for about $5.00 any garage can do it in a couple minutes time without dismounting the tire.

Warranties on stuff like that expire about the time he leaves your property. Unless you specifically warranted the item in writing.

Sounds more like buyers remorse than a real issue.

I've driven on patched tires for 8 years now and counting (because I picked up a nail months after buying them)... its safe and its common.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2012, 08:22 PM
    Did you promise him anything, did you tell him you would warranty them ?

But no, a nail is easily fixed ( if there was one)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Craigslist Sale [ 3 Answers ]

I sold a four wheeler, helmet, and battery maintainer on Craigslist yesterday. The four wheeler had been parked in my garage since the end of February (when it ran)... I assumed it was not starting because the battery was way dead. I had the four wheeler listed for $500 but let it go for $350. The...

Can't post ad on Craigslist [ 32 Answers ]

Hi, I'm trying to post an ad on craigslist and it will not post. This phrase is highlighted in yellow: Please review and confirm your ad by EMAIL ADDRESS for portland (washington co) craigslist. I did so, and hit "continue" and nothing happens except it brings it back to the top of the...

Sites like craigslist? [ 4 Answers ]

Craigslist $ [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know how Craigslist makes any money?It's a free site to use so I am curiousas to how the owner makes money off it.

Craigslist sales [ 7 Answers ]

I have no idea if this is the right topic to post under but I'm wondering if there is any reason it would be dangerous to give your address when making sales online. I've sold a lot of items on Craigslist and now I'm selling an item and someone responded wanting me ship an item to the US once I...

View more questions Search