Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ms.navarrete Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2012, 03:54 PM
    Child protection case
    The case was declared Founded what this means?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 25, 2012, 03:57 PM
    It means that there was merit to the complaint.

Apr 25, 2012, 04:22 PM
    Sorry I still don't know what it means!"the person that was been charged he still been charged o no?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2012, 04:44 PM
    If a complaint is UNFOUNDED there is no proof, it is not true.

If it is FOUNDED - as J9 said - there is proof, it is legitimate.

Yes, but now I don't know what "he still been charged o no" means.

Are you asking if he's "still" charged as opposed to the charges being dropped. As a real, yes. The complaint is true.

Apr 25, 2012, 04:53 PM
    Judy, there was a person been charged of child abuse, what I don't understand is if I received a letter that sais, YOUR SOCIAL SERVICES WILL BE DISCONTINUED, THE FINFIDINGS OF YOUR CHILD PROTECTION ASSESSMENT ARE FOUNDED. Is he guilty or not?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 25, 2012, 05:05 PM
    It means he (or whoever was the object of the report) was found to have child abuse in the home. Guilty is usually used for criminal cases. Do you know if formal charges were filed?

Apr 25, 2012, 05:36 PM
    No I don't know! Detectives only have DOB & NAME of person""how can I find out, if formal charges were files
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 25, 2012, 06:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ms.navarrete View Post
    No i dont know!! Detectives only have DOB & NAME of person""how can i find out, if formal charges were files
    What is your interest in this case? Other then that ask the police.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2012, 08:00 PM
    Ok, you are confusing two separate issues, Children and family services investigate and have a lot of power without court hearings to take a child out of a home, and more.

When they determine that there is evidence of it happening, the complaint has or is founded.

Then after they determine this, a criminal case may be done by the DA, so this means that Children services says it is true, but they have to still convict them in court for them to be sentenced.

You can ask the detectives for info, you can ask children servcies.
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2012, 06:55 AM
    Judy, there was a person been charged of child abuse, what i dont understand is if i received a letter that sais, YOUR SOCIAL SERVICES WILL BE DISCONTINUED, THE FINFIDINGS OF YOUR CHILD PROTECTION ASSESSMENT ARE FOUNDED. Is he guilty or not?

Guilty? I think you are confusing "guilty" in a criminal case (going to jail, probation, fines) with "guilty" like you'd see in the sentence, "I was guilty of burning the steak." It means you are responsible, not necessarily legally guilty.

What that notice says IS: the findings of the CP assessment are founded (found to be true) - and this sounds like a review of the original CP assessment - and SS (presumably SS benefits) will be discontinued.

Whatever the accusation was, CPS found it to be true with proof.
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2012, 06:57 AM
    No i dont know!! Detectives only have DOB & NAME of person""how can i find out, if formal charges were files

I'll join my colleagues and ask your connection to this matter. What is your interest?

Formal charges are not always public charges.

This might have been an investigation which never reached the criminal stage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Order of Protection and my child custody case [ 9 Answers ]

I've made a very regrettable mistake and took a guilty plea to a VIOLATION (not a misdemeanor or felony)and a non DV issue, but for Disorderly Conduct in a case brought against me by my son's mother that if I would've taken to trial undoubtedly would've won. I am now fighting her for custody. I...

Does the abuser in an Order for protection case have the right to assign a Judge [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter-in-law is trying to petition an Order of Protection against her ex husband. She had selected a Judge that she believed would be fair to the case, but she has now been summoned to see a Judge that she does not redeem fair. This second Judge was requested by the ex husband because he...

What can happen in this order of Protection case? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. Have a quick question. A good male friend of mine is being accused of breaking out windows on someone's property. He was not arrested, there is no proof, but-an order of protection has been filed against him. It was served to his parents' house, who live in Illinois (we are in MO). So my...

View more questions Search