Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobbo Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Is it possible for me to get the records
    Two years ago someone called 911 because of the door being ajar. The question is do police keep this records and if so can you tell me how to get it. Or can the lawyer get the report?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2007, 07:14 PM
    Hello bobbo:

File a Freedom of Information request with the police department.

excon
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2007, 07:47 PM
    Those records are kept on file. Ask for them and if they say no, do as excon suggested.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 22, 2007, 07:53 PM
    I will add that not all police files and records are public and there has to be a outstanding reason to get the records.

For example if you need this for a criminal or civil case, you can get the info. In some areas this may be public but not in all areas depending on state law.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

School records [ 2 Answers ]

How long are schools required to hold on to a student's withdrawl records. We have student withdrawl records formthe 1980's and 90's. Thanks

Criminal Records [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted get a clarification on what will show up if an potential employer was to do a criminal search. If I was charged with an indictable offence, but have not been found guilty and is still in the process of the courts, will this show up on the criminal history background check? What if...

Records in bankruptcy [ 9 Answers ]

Can any one tell me how to pull up bankruptcy records for virginia with out having to pay I thought bankruptcy records were public records? If so then why should we have to pay to look them up ? Does any one have a link to this ? Thanks Slow and easy

Juivenele Records [ 3 Answers ]

If I choose to go on vacation and leave the country Would my juivenele record show up It was a major charge. Because I was told that after I turned 18 it would be erased but when I had to have a criminal record check done it showed up that I had a juevenel record why is that it should have been...

Juvenile records [ 5 Answers ]

Can juvenile records be seen on a company's background check.

View more questions Search