Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweet_devil15 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Sick. 24/7
    OK I'm a 15 years old teenager who is always sick... and no I'm not being sarcastic and exaderating. I was sick I don't know how many times in the past 4 months.. 2 weeks ago I was sick with a really bad cold/flu and I got medication for my throat.. On Monday I got sick again.. :eek: This is so not fair. Does anyone know anything that can help me lessen my sick appearances. My friends all go your SICK AGAIN... Can anyone please please help me?
    selle19 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 05:01 PM
    Hi! I'm 16 and I was like that last yr I don't know how much I can help but I will give you some advice that helped me... eat a lot of fruits and veggies.. and make sure to drink lots of water. And take vitamins to put the good stuf back in your body!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2007, 05:06 PM
    Have you had a complete physical lately? Not just a check-up, but a full and detailed physical with blood work and other lab work? Explain to your doctor what is going on. To be this sick for the time you say, that is not normal. With you being sick, your immune system is really taking a beating, trying to keep up the body defenses.

So please tell your parents to get you to your doctor. Good luck.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 22, 2007, 05:10 PM
    That was very good advice Selle. Fruits and veggies, as well as vitamins are VERY important in keeping your immune system up.

Now, if the doctor is giving you antibiotics, you need to make sure you take them EXACTLY as directed and for the entire time they are prescribed. If you stop taking them when you are feeling better. If you stop taking them too early you not only run the risk of getting sick again but you run the risk of the bacteria you get infected with becoming resistant to the antibiotics.

I hope you feel better soon.
    missclaudia Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Hey I'm 15 and I had last year a stromach virus for 3 months lost 30 pounds and that was followed by 3 colds and 1 more stomach flu that lasted a week. I think you should take totally relax for a week no school and just drink A lot of WATER and POWERADE. Eat you veggies and fruit and stay in the no stress zone.
    It helped and it might help you.
    missclaudia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

So sick... [ 10 Answers ]

I feel so sick. I have been in love with one guy for about 6 years now and it's so hard because he's a nice guy but he isn't in love with me. We started dating, I fell in love, he started to taper off, he went through some hard times it became on and off but I was still in love and couldn't let...

Sick [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 7 weeks pregnant, and I have an awful cold. I nanny a little boy who got me sick and not I can't seem to get reid of it. It getting worst because I can't sleep eather. What can I do to help get reid of it. I herd green tea helps. Can I drink that? And can I use vicks vaper? Or are there any...

Sick kitten? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently privately adopted a female kitten. She was born July 19th of this year. At almost 3months she is only the size of a 1 month old kitten. (.6 of a kilogram) Very sweet and cute but scrawny except for her pot belly. She has been treated for fleas but has yet to see a vet and treated for...

3 yr old sick [ 50 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I have a question about my son. Before I start he has seen a doctor and they are trying to figure this out but I thought one for you might have an idea. He is going to be 3 next month. Around the beginning of May he got the Rotavirus. I never heard of it before he got it but I guess it...

Sick Cat [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... Please would anybody be able to give me some advice about my cat. She has just turned 1 and has been really poorly for the last 16 hours she can't eat anything without it coming back up and is not herself. She has drank plenty of water just thought I'd ask for some advice before I take her...

View more questions Search