Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 26, 2012, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    ... Here is yet another example of protection in a form of the unborn. Ripped out of todays news.

Tennessee bill authorizes prosecution for death of an embryo | timesfreepress.com
    "Tennessee bill authorizes prosecution for death of an embryo "

What does that have to do with the price of Tobasco Sauce in Tijuana?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 26, 2012, 02:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    "Tennessee bill authorizes prosecution for death of an embryo "

What does that have to do with the price of Tobasco Sauce in Tijuana?

If you want to continue this argument then we are going to have to move it rather then hijack this thread.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 26, 2012, 02:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    If you want to continue this argument then we are going to have to move it rather then hijack this thread.
    I was just about to say something like that. We are way off on a tangent. :)

Bottom line: there is nothing stopping her from going to Hawaii, at least until he files one of those pre-birth suits you are talking about.

But if she does go to Hawaii before he files suit, and before she gives birth in Hawaii, I don't think California has personal jurisdiction over her, unless it's Long Arm Statute has been amended with this kind of situation in mind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rights to unborn child [ 13 Answers ]

I believe I am the father of unborn boy. Girlfriend does not want child but will not let me have any part of decisions concerning child. Anyone know how I go about getting a paternity test before she can give my child up for adoption. If child is mine, I want him, she says no way I can have him and...

What rights do I have with my unborn child? [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my partner aren't officially together anymore, as of the whole death threats from her somewhat deranged family, but we ( the two of us ) are still on good terms and want to be together, but the whole scene of her immediate family wanting to see me dead (and this is because I apparently know...

Can father of my unborn child receive custody or visitation rights after child is bor [ 5 Answers ]

I am pregnant and the babies father is going after custody or visitation when the child is born. He is very abusive and does have a violent record from the past. He is been making many threats towards me and my unborn child. He has even stated that once he has the child in his hands he stated that...

My rights to my unborn child [ 11 Answers ]

My girlfriend just left me and she is 5 months pregnant she is saying she is going to leave state I can't let this happen I have to be their when my son is born and I have to be a big part in his life not just a part what can I do to stop her and if I want a dna test can she refuse if so what can...

Rights to unborn child [ 2 Answers ]

If a child is born and it is proved to be mine, can I file for custody of the child now or do I have to wait?:confused:

View more questions Search