Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karenlayer Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Feb 22, 2007, 04:22 PM
    Searching for an old horror movie
    Hi.
    I am searching for a movie from the "Creature Feature" era that scared the pants off me as a child. (I am sure that I would laugh at it now but back then I was a kid and it made a huge impression on me.) I am guessing that the movie was from the 30's or 40's but I am not sure. I recall that it began with a horse drawn carriage making its way to a mansion.. along a cobblestone road made of skulls. (As a child that opening scene horrified me!) I also recall that the house had traps in it such as a "walk the plank" like floor that pulled back towards a locked door causing the victims to fall to their doom before getting the door open and possibly a pendulum scene.. although I might be mixing the pendulum scene up with other old movies. I do remember the moving plank floor though from this movie. I think that the ending was rather lame.. (perhaps the old "vampire getting hit by the sun and turning into blowing dust" ending.) The biggest impression that the movie made on me was in that skull road near the start of the film. Can anyone help me with this memory? It drives me crazy trying to find and remember this film!
    Karen
    PS. I know that the movie is not "chamber of Horrors" or "House on Haunted Hill". I have rented both of those movies and they ain't it!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2007, 04:27 PM
    Do you know if Boris Karloff was in it? Or Bela Lagosi? I do remember some old movie with Bela Lagosi with that opening scene. It was set on some caribbean island. I remember people were not suppposed to be out after dark - the voodoo spirits.

There were some great horror movies made back then. I agree that now we laugh at them but scared the ens out of us when we were kids.

Feb 22, 2007, 04:38 PM
    I was too young at that point to know who the actors were at that time. I am 45 years old now (eek.. too much information) and I am guessing I was somewhere between 8 and 11 years old when I saw that movie. Maybe younger! I couldn't tell you who was in it. I do think that perhaps there was a male/female pair of survivors but I might even be wrong about that. I LOVE the fact that I was so completely traumatized by those old movies! I wish I could feel that same amount of "safe" fear now as an adult! Ah to be a kid again! Thanks for any help you can give me in locating this film. I am dying to see it again in my "old" age.. heehee..
    Karen

Feb 22, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Well then.. please tell me if you find the particular one that I am referring to..
    Karen
    P.S. If they are now on the dollar rack, that only proves that I am indeed OLD!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Horror Movie Title, Please? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm almost 23. When I was little(probably between 3 and 5, maybe a little older) my dad rented a movie from our video store. The only thing that I remember is the killer dismembering a body in a bath tub and sticking the body parts in black trash bags. I'm not 100% sure, but it was either the...

70's horror movie [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to remember the name of a movie I saw as a young kid at the drive-in.. The only part I really remember is this guy puts on a suit and the collar tightens and strangles him.. Then I remember him dead in the back of a garbage truck wrapped in a dry cleaners bag, and the truck was smashing...

Name of 80's horror/slasher movie. [ 2 Answers ]

Okay I remember watching this movie when I was younger either late 80's early 90's, it was aired on TV a few times... It was about this strip bar and their was a murderer in the crowd. A girl would be on stage dancing and it would show this weird camera angle of the killer coming in with his/her...

HBO Horror Movie [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know the name of a movie that use to come on hbo in the 80's or early 90's. It was a horror film, or like a sci fi maybe, All I know is that it was about a group of kids that took a trip on a bus I believe and on the way to where ever they were going, they saw a old lady up under animals...

Children watched a forbidden horror movie [ 14 Answers ]

Gee I hope I'm not posting too many questions about children and babies! I must look like an idiot. But I really need the extra support and I always receive such good answers here... Yesterday my husband and I hired a babysitter for part of the evening, so that we could go out together. The...

View more questions Search