Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jim63 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2012, 04:32 AM
    Hindu / Jesus
    Which Hindu Deity does Jesus most closely resemble ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 24, 2012, 06:12 AM
    None, there is no comparison
    gocubs94 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jul 8, 2012, 03:32 PM
    Ok Fr Chuck, I don't know if you were trying to be biased against one or the other but if you were than be respectful. All religions should be respected. In my opinion he resembles Krishna, and as far as texts say, Kalki also. Jesus started Christianity just as Krishna spread and unarguably started Hinduism through his Bhagavad Gita in India. I also said Kalki. During the end of days in Hinduism, Kalki is said to come down on a white horse with a sword destroying all evil. In the Revelations, Jesus is seen doing the same, the only difference is that the "sword" here really represents the word of God. And their all part of a trinity. In Catholicism, Jesus is the Son in the Holy Trinity. In Hinduism, Vishnu Shiva and Brahma are the Trinity. And Kalki and Krishna are both avatars of Vishnu.

Although I'm Hindu, I have great admiration and respect for Christianity. Don't forget what Gandhi said "I like your Christ, but i do not like your Christians..." Gandhi said that if it weren't for modern Christians than he himself would have become one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Translate to Hindu [ 0 Answers ]

I know this is an old link but I was hoping if it was possible to translate the word "nine" and "just breathe" also my sisters name "janine" Thank you so much I would really appreciate anyone's help

Hindu [ 3 Answers ]

Do the hindus burn their children dead bodies

I am a hindu boy and I loving a hindu girl . My parents told OK for the marriage But [ 2 Answers ]

I am a hindu boy and I loving a hindu girl . My parents told OK for the marriage. But her mother not accepting our love marriage. How to convince her mother.How to solve this problem...

Hindu Religion [ 0 Answers ]

What are Hinduism ETHICS AND MORALITY

Secret hindu [ 1 Answers ]

I met a man who went on a spirtual journey to embrace hinduism. I was intruiged but want to know more, diet, daily rituals, things like that

View more questions Search