Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrsA0327 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2012, 07:34 PM
    Husband in jail. I feel so lonely.
    My husband and I have been married for over 2 years, and we have a 15 month old daughter. He was married before, for 8 months. They had a daughter, but he doesn't believe she's his. His ex-wife told him on numerous occasions the child wasn't his and after they divorced she asked him to relinquish his parental rights, which he did.

2 years later, she took him to court for back child support that accumulated before he relinquished his rights. He paid $1700, but they still put him in jail and sentenced him to 180 days.

I feel so alone. I don't work (I have a political science degree, go figure) because I take care of our daughter. My husband was working, but obviously I don't have any income coming in. The money that is in the bank is slowing depleting because of bills, and attorney fees. I know I'm going to have to find a job, but I just cry so much because it's so hard to do this without him.

I want to tell him I want a divorce sometimes because I feel like I'm at the end of my rope. I watch our daughter walk around, and look for her daddy and it breaks my heart. He did this to our family due to his carelessness and procrastination, and we're suffering.

Any one with any experience with this?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 23, 2012, 07:51 PM
    Did you see the paperwork where your husband allegedly signed over his rights. Because either he lied or misunderstood what he signed. A parent cannot just sign over their rights. That's why she was able to come after him for support and get him jailed when he didn't pay. But jail is generally a last resort so I wonder what the real reason he's in jail.

I'm telling you this because some of the facts you are giving us don't ring true. So I have to wonder what is really going on. Did your husband lie to you or Is he just naïve? You need to find out the truth. Which means getting the transcripts of whatever court cases he's been involved in.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 23, 2012, 08:19 PM
    First what will a divorce do, you are still alone ? But it is time that you get over feeling sorry for yourself and do what you can to take care of your child.

Next there is some misunderstanding somewhere, unless the child has been adopted by a step parent, he can not "sign over his rights" and get out of child support it does not work like that, so most likely he is not aware of what was going on, or perhaps she or her attoreny has lied to him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I feel a little lonely [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys, I decided to write this post because I feel a little lonely at times. Although I have a close family, and a couple good friends, at times I still feel very lonely mainly because I don't have much of a social life. I do my own things that I love at home but I don't go out very often for...

I always feel lonely and need someone to be with [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Sorry for posting this, but I don't know how to let this feeling pass. It has been like this for one month, since my boyfriend changes and he's not with me anymore. I feel like I'm always lonely, I feel like I lose my control and don't know what to do next, I start counting the minutes in the...

I feel lonely [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm from tunisai and I'm 24 years old I feel so lonely and I look for change .I look for something différents I look for a women with a big heart I can do any thing if its sure that I will be happy .I have a good joob but I look for a good realtion .if you have the same situation try to...

Why do I feel so lonely? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I'm writing because I need some advice on what to do. Recently I have been feeling lonely and I don't know why, I have a few friends but I still feel lonely. Im the type of person that likes to be around people but I'm not really that social. I don't know if that even makes sense. I try...

I feel lonely and depressed [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I do not know where to start :(. I feel so lonely and miserable, Im 20 yrs old.. I don't have many friends and the best friend that I had - has stopped talking to me for stupid reasons such as.. I fink all the boys like me, etc. Which is NOT d case but at times I would blame myself and...

View more questions Search