Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lanalang Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 03:25 PM
    Irregular period, spotting, brown discharge
    Hello. I am 19 years old and have been getting irregular periods since the time I began mentruating (age 13). I went to see a gyno about a yr ago and she said it was due hormonal imbalances and should go away with age. She also told me to keep a diary of how long each of my cycles last. I get anywhere from 35-47 days. My boyfriend and I have resently became sexually active and are always careful by using male condoms. Today, I am on my 56th day and have been experiencing brown discharge and some spotting for the past 3 days. I seem to be more irritable and my eating habits have changed drastically in the past two months (a new college semester has begun and class schedules are crazy). What does all this mean? Is it hormonal? Because of dietary reasons? Am I pregnant? Please help.
    kristinraz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 11:39 PM
    I am exactly the same (for the most part)... wish I could help you, let me know if you figured anything out
    mememe7 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 04:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lanalang
    Hello. I am 19 years old and have been getting irregular periods since the time I began mentruating (age 13). I went to see a gyno about a yr ago and she said it was due hormonal imbalances and should go away with age. She also told me to keep a diary of how long each of my cycles last. I get anywhere from 35-47 days. My boyfriend and I have resently became sexually active and are always careful by using male condoms. Today, I am on my 56th day and have been experiencing brown discharge and some spotting for the past 3 days. I seem to be more irritable and my eating habits have changed drastically in the past two months (a new college semester has begun and class schedules are crazy). What does all this mean? Is it hormonal? Because of dietary reasons? Am I pregnant? Please help.
    I am having the very same problem. I had my period and then about 4 days later I got is again... I think... its like the end of a period... a brown discharge.
    Iluvhim22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 12:48 AM

2 days before my period, I got a brown discharge too. I looked it up and what I find is that it's normal. It could be old blood, and stress. But some of the worst symptoms could be pregnancy or infection of some sort. I don't really know for sure, this is just what I could find. Only a doctor can diagnose (but who wants to go to the doctor?) hope I helped!
    Danielleharris Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Jun 1, 2009, 11:44 AM

The brown discharge meens old blood that your uterus is flushing out. It could also meen implantation bleeding also though. Seeing how your in collage with a lot of stress on you and a past with irregualr period, it could very well be normal. Stress has a way to prolong your period and also stop it too early. Condoms can break, they can have holes. I would play it safe and test just in case, it seems unlikley that you would be pregnant but better safe then sorry.
    shakera221 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2010, 03:38 PM
    I am spotting brown RAREly get periods. It very well could be from homonsl imbalance because that is what happens to me. You will be fine, however you and your boyfriend should be REALLY careful
    RobboMay Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2012, 06:49 AM
    I have the same thing... I come one for a week.. then off for like two days then I can come bac on its driving me and my boyfriend crazzy :( doesn't make me feel normal :/ I worry that there could be something rong with me just HOPE it sorts its self out!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irregular period and brownish discharge [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been on the because pills and later changed to the patches. However, the whole reason of getting on because pills was to make my menstruations regular. I have been off the patches for some time now, and My husband and I are trying to conceive.Well, I haven't had a period for 6 or more...

Brown Discharge Instead of Period [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I'm 19 and I recently have changed from the Implanon Implant to the Patch and on Saturday I took my last patch off to have my week "off" when I started my period on the correct day it was just brown discharge and it has been like that ever since my periods normally last 4 to 5 days I really...

No period and brown discharge? [ 1 Answers ]

I am really confused. I'm not sure what is going on and I'm worried it could be something like a miscarriage. I'm not sure. Okay, here's what's going on. I'm 25. I have two kids. My birth control method is condoms. I expected my period 7 days ago and it never came. Not even a hot flash or cramp....

Brown discharge after period [ 3 Answers ]

Hi.I using birth control pills for 8months,I went for smear test was normal but I had vaginal infection,I used cream that doctor gave it to me for 2weeks each night lastmonth.but this month,I see during my ovulation I had brown discharge,I scared of infection again but I can say I'm so excited...

View more questions Search