Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nrm3408 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2012, 05:40 PM
    No conviction, but worried I can't teach.
    Over 4 years ago, I was arrested and charged with public drunk, indecent exposure, fleeing a police vehicle, and felony assault on a police officer. (I was very drunk.) They dropped the felony to simple assault, and I got my act together and haven't had a drink since that night. All of the charges were remanded, so that means no conviction, right? I went back to school, finished getting my degree, and just found out I was offered a job. I have to get fingerprinted next week, and my expungement has not gone all the way through yet. It could be three weeks to two months. I am worried that my arrest record, even though the charges were remanded, will prevent me from getting to teach. Is this possible?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2012, 05:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nrm3408 View Post
    Over 4 years ago, I was arrested and charged with public drunk, indecent exposure, fleeing a police vehicle, and felony assault on a police officer. (I was very drunk.) They dropped the felony to simple assault, and I got my act together and haven't had a drink since that night. All of the charges were remanded, so that means no conviction, right? I went back to school, finished getting my degree, and just found out I was offered a job. I have to get fingerprinted next week, and my expungement has not gone all the way through yet. It could be three weeks to two months. I am worried that my arrest record, even though the charges were remanded, will prevent me from getting to teach. Is this possible?

It's possible, but it would depend on the district. Check out the website for the district you would be teaching in. They usually will have information regarding what situations would prevent you from obtaining a position.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If my record says non conviction/nolle prosse should I answers yes to the conviction [ 7 Answers ]

My record says non conviction and nolle prosse.should I answer yes to the have you ever been convicted of a crime on th application

Teach me? [ 1 Answers ]

I am an online student, going for my Bachelors degree in Human and Social Services. I am in the last week of my finance class, and so far I have surprised myself with good marks. I am not asking for someone to do this problem for me, but I can not figure out where to begin, I need some help, please...

Only 19! Only had sex once! Worried I'm pregnant? VERY WORRIED! [ 11 Answers ]

So I know there are a few other posts like this but I'm just nervous about my situation... about 4 weeks ago I had sex, he had a condom on and I'm on the pill (trinessa), not while he was inside be and before he came he had to take it off because it was rolling down. We were still fooling around...

Can someone with a felony conviction for theft teach in Baltimore county, MD [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone with a 6 year old felony for Grand theft be allowed to secure a teaching position in Baltimore county, md? I can not find this information any where. Thank you

View more questions Search