Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newpoolfool Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2012, 04:03 PM
    Ask above ground pools
    I had to purchase a new Waterway hiflo 1.5 hp motor / pump with 7 valve diverter using sand for filter media. Changing over to sand this year for a filter media cost me dearly. (Thanks pool supply experts)
    The 7 way valve started discharging water while on the filter setting and drained water level low enough to cause the pump to lose prime therefore allowing grit and sand to enter into filter trap into the pump seal. NICE

I replaced seal in pump, replaced spider gasket assembly (factory glued) and tried again. Followed instructions per mfg on set up and the water did not go out through discharge. YEA! Until I used the pool cleaner via the skimmer suction.

Back to losing water through the 7 way valve while in the filter mode.

Worried that this scenario will repeat itself... does anyone know how to resolve this issue? Pool supply experts have not been much help... happy to sell me more components I am sure...

Check out some similar questions!

Above ground pools [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best above ground pool liner, overlap or beaded?

Above ground pools [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a patch for above ground pools that are full? The hole is very small down towards the bottom.

Above ground oval pools [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new oval above ground pool. I put it up myself and when I put water in it the bottom of the pool starts to lift. Does anyone know why this happened and how I fix it?

Heaters for above ground pools [ 2 Answers ]

About how many degrees can I expect a heater to bring up the temperature in my above ground pool? And how easy is it to maintain that temperature once it is established?

Are on ground pools safe [ 1 Answers ]

I hope someone can help me with this question. I am ready to install a swimming pool in my backyard. I surfed the net and saw photos of on ground pools that go half-way in the ground. I would like that since it is cheaper then an inground pool and can go to eight feet. I want to know if it is...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.