Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tpat159 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2012, 09:51 AM
    Is it illegal for my employer to tell someone that I receive a disability check
    Is it illegal for my employer to disclose to a customer that I receive social security benefits for a disability?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2012, 09:52 AM
    No..

Though I can't think of a good reason why they would want to bring it up.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 23, 2012, 10:05 AM
    All I know is that the Americans With Disabilities Act code is a mile thick. It could be 'illegal' but I doubt you would get any compensation.
    You start at the state level and they refer it to a regional office, and 2 years later you might get something that says that the employer was told not to do it.
    What you should do is tell him as politely as possible to never mention it again.
    And why did he in the first place?
    It's one of those things that you have to ask yourself what is worth what.
    He may resent your benefits, who knows.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 23, 2012, 10:21 AM
    First why or how do they know, it is not their business if you do, unless you are claiming a disability

It is poor business practice to do so, unless they were bragging about hiring disabled people to someone

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I receive SSDI. Can I still receive my 15 yo daughter's check if I sign over custody? [ 8 Answers ]

I receive SSDI for myself and my 15 YO daughter. I just signed a court agreement to give her father custodial rights. She recently moved in with her father. Can I still receive her payments, or does he have the right to get her checks. What happens if it is not reported?

Do I still receive my annual vacation check if I'm on disability? [ 2 Answers ]

I am with a company that is unionized and have recently been put on disability. All employees receive their vacation pay on their anniversary date. I will be on disability when my anniv. Comes up next week. Will I still get my pay or will my employer hold my check until I return to work?

My ife is receiving a disability check, and I think a Social Security check [ 2 Answers ]

My wife is receiving a disability check, and a Social Security check, can I claim part of it?If he is out of the country and I have proven parternity will he be arrested so I can claim everything?

Disability check VS. Child support check [ 2 Answers ]

My sister lives w/ my step father. My mom HAD to leave the home. My sister is 13 and decided to stay w/ father. I don't think he can take care of my sister.. he can't hardly take care of his self. He receives a disability check for his self and my sister gets one also until she is 18. He BLOWS...

View more questions Search