Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kateyourmate Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2012, 10:25 PM
    Hello, I was wondering if u could help me with my hsc major work,just a few questions
    So my study is about the sociliaztion of homeschooled children. So in your experience have you ever found kids to grow up disadvantaged in society? Are they usually socially awkard?
    Is it home schoolings fault or how the parent homeschool's a child, isn't it the parents resposilbillity to socialize children after their work is done?
    Why is it seen as so different. Because government schools are the social norm does that mean that they are best? Thanku so much :)
    Brucebruce500 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2012, 09:04 PM
    I know a whole bunch of homeschooled people and it really just depends on if the parents let them do other activitys. If thy play sports or get to do stuff with other kids a lot then they will be okay but if the parents keep them locked away then yeah most of them are shy and don't really know what to do around a lot of people. Me personally I think as long as you let them do activitys with other kids it is actually better than putting them in school I mean hey just look at tim tebow lol.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 23, 2012, 09:17 PM
    The big effort now is to get homeschooled students involved in various ways with Scouts, after-school sports with public schools and church youth groups, homeschooled students interacting with other homeschooled students in the same town or city, etc. There are several homeschooling magazines and lots of social helps on the internet. Colleges fight to get homeschooled students to apply, so something must be going in the right direction.

If you are researching this, go to your local public library. They will have tons of stuff for you.
    LadyToni Posts: 32, Reputation: 5

Jul 8, 2012, 09:19 PM
    Hi,

I'm a home schooling mom and I would live to answer this for you. When I first started home schooling our son my husband was concerned for the reason you always hear. Is our son going to be socialized? Well, with sports activities (karate we own a dojo), church classes - vacation bible school and week day services, story hours at libraries when he was young and library visits now, interacting with other home schooled children in our area he doesn't have a problem with socialization. I giggle when that comes up, as an adult in the work force we don't only work in a room with other 40 year olds, we have all different ages, religions, nationalities, etc. It really depends on how the parents work to make sure the child gets to interact with others. As a parent we make the choice to utilize home study for our children so it is up to us to make sure that each child gets what they need to be a well rounded adult.

I invite you to come to my website and check out some ways to get your child socialized. Have fun with your research.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social work of English the better major? [ 4 Answers ]

I could do both. With social work I know I will be able to find work and I like to help people however, I love to write and English/lit classes have always been my strong suit. I just want to know which ones you'd choose if you were in my shoes? I will probably be declaring my major this coming...

I was wondering what am I suppose to major in college if I want to become an ob/gyn? [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for colleges in Georgia with a great pre-med program but I can't seem to find one and I need to know if its something else in particular I'm suppose to be looking up besides pre-med

I was wondering if there was any way you can help me answer these questions w/a step [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering I f someone could help me answer the previous questions using step by step methods so that I can figure out how to answer a,b, & c?

HSC studying [ 1 Answers ]

I am so worried about HSC trials... I do heavy content subjects such as modern history, legal studies, business studies, english advanced and maths! How can I best study Olivia

Wondering if this can work? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been seeing a girl on and off for about three months. Currently we are talking and friendly but not sleeping with each other. We broke it off mutually because she didn't want to get into a serious relationship and I didn't want to push her.( Even though I really do want it) She had just...

View more questions Search