Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mslove2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2012, 05:57 PM
    I want to divorce my husband because of his mother..
    I have been with my husband 8 years and been married for 1 year and his mother is just a pain and butt she has stole from money jewlery and clothes and husband says that its okay and like I told him its not okay just because that is your mother doesn't make it okay she has called me so many bad names in front of my 5 year old and I'm to point now where I don't want to be with my husband because of her. I tell my husband to defend me and he won't and this has been going on for years and I'm sick of it what should I do
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Apr 22, 2012, 06:07 PM
    It is unlikely that after 8 years, that your husband is going to choose one woman over the other. I would not force that issue if I were you.

When considering your 5 year old, please don't allow her, or anybody else, to verbally abuse you within range of his/her hearing. If you choose to allow your mother in law to verbally abuse you for 8 years, that's one thing, but please don't allow her to do so to your child.

Buy yourself a firesafe firebox, that you can lock. Put your money, and jewellery in it, and keep it locked. You could say that your child is getting into everything and you want to keep him/her safe, and have locked things up.

As to your clothing. Put it all in a separate closet, and put a lock on that as well.

You don't have to say a word to anybody, or expect your husband to take care of your problems with his mother.

If you cannot limit visits from your mother in law, make arrangements to be away from the house if she doesn't treat you with some respect, when she visits. If she visits and you choose to stay home, and she gets on a rant- particularly in front of your child- either ask her to leave, or tell her that because of her behaviour and/or language, you are taking your child out of the house until she is gone.

You don't need to explain good parenting, and common sense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you divorce your birth mother [ 4 Answers ]

I don't want my mother in my life. She is nothing to me can I divorce her or take her name off my birth certificate.

My husband and I are getting a divorce. My husband owned the house before we got mar [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are getting a divorce. My husband owned the house before we got married. He transfer the title of the house to his father so that he would not have to give me anything, he claims that he is paying rent now to my father inlaw. My mother is staying with me for two month and my...

Can I divorce my husband? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm married having 2kids,from last 6 months my husband watching naked movies of women and men on net,during this time he ignored me .so when I caught him in mid of night during watching sex movies on net.he felt shame and apologize with me.I want to ask is my nikkah is halal on him.my heart and...

How I can stop the divorce if my husband ask her divorce in tunisia and I live in you.k [ 1 Answers ]

I'm tunisian women I get married with a man who have both nationalite tunisian and british we live together in u.k I left my house because violence domestic and I live in refuge the silicitor put my report to home office for have leaving remain in u.k in this time my husband go in tunisia and...

My Husband Wants a divorce. [ 7 Answers ]

Everything happened so fast, and maybe that's why we're in this situation. We went to preschool together but we started talking January 2008, I saw him and fell in love. I was fed up with they guy I was with at the time. And my husband was my hero and rescued me. We got together feb. 15, 08. We...

View more questions Search