Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curt549 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2012, 01:36 PM
    Divorce papers were served and we got back together I never responded because of this
    My wife had me served divorce papers less than a year ago , a week later we were back together and she called the court and they said they can be put on hold and I agreed , OK we split up a week ago and she said she signed divorce papers and I will get divorce papers in the mail and since I never responded the first time that I had defaulted and she will get everything, we already started making up but I need some help
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 22, 2012, 01:53 PM
    Does not work that way, she is just playing you, time to get an attorney even if you meet together.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 22, 2012, 02:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by curt549 View Post
    ... she said ... since i never responded the first time that i had defaulted ...
    Check with the clerk of court tomorrow morning and see if a default was entered. In most places that I know of, the plaintiff (your wife) would have to ask the clerk of court to enter a default; it doesn't happen automatically.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Served papers [ 8 Answers ]

HELLO, Last night my Fiancˇ answered the door to a lady standing there and as I came out of the room, due to the barking dog, she said its for you. I greet the lady and she hands me some papers and says sign here, (I already knew what it was) I signed her sheet and took the documents. It's...

Being served papers [ 5 Answers ]

My girl friend got a call from someone saying they were going to serve her with papers at home and work for lawyer fraud, I have never heard of this can anyone help?

Served papers or not? [ 6 Answers ]

If you are verbally served to appear in court as a witness, is it legal?

Served divorce papers [ 3 Answers ]

After acquiring his U.S.Citizenship my husband is divorcing me. What happens if I don't respond to being served divorce papers ? There is no community property to be divided as he insisted on everything being kept separate. I have separate property including my home of 25 yrs. Which is held in...

Being served papers [ 1 Answers ]

I have some kind of a sheriff processor that is trying to serve me papers at my house. He also has called my son to try and pick up these papers. I am sure it is over an old credit card bill. I know that if I accept the papers then will have a court date and then if I do not go to court they put a...

View more questions Search