Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigbucks1445 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2012, 01:02 PM
    My huskee riding mower start missing when I engage the mower deck 17.5 hp briggs
    My huskee riding mower 17.5 hp briggs ! Starts missing running bad when I engage the mower deck
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Apr 22, 2012, 04:32 PM
    Hi,
    The best way to approach this is to acknowledge what happens when the deck is engaged. The engine has to work harder because of the extra load which requires more fuel, a strong ignition and good air flow. This means that anything disrupting one or more of these will result in poor performance. First thing to try is a new plug gapped at 0.030"
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere mower L120 Trouble mower deck will not engage. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a John Deere L120 mower. The mower deck will not engage but the switch seems good. No power appears to be at the clutch on the mower deck.

2005 Huskee riding mower PTO won't engage and mower dies [ 12 Answers ]

Replaced battery with new one, within several starts the new battery was drained. Mower will start by jumping but only runs a few minutes then dies, also the PTO will not engage at all (replaced PTO switch and still won't engage) does not even attempt to engage, as if there is no power to the...

Craftsman rear engine mower,runs fine,mower deck will not engage or cut the grass? [ 2 Answers ]

Rear engine craftsman mower runs fine,but the mower deck does not engage when you lower the lever?it appears the belt is on the pulleys,help...

MTD Riding mower 12.5 Briggs doesn't start [ 4 Answers ]

I have a MTD 38" riding mower that quit working the other day. It didn't start at all, so I bought a new battery, cleaned all connections and had the starter bench tested. Now it turns over very very slow and the green wire from the ignition switch heats up and smokes. Any suggestions? ...

Briggs riding mower won't start [ 8 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I need a little help with my briggs and stratton 12.5 hp riding mower. I haven't used it in a while and today I was trying to start it up, but to no success. Usually when this happens, its because my battery so I jumped the battery and it still did not work. All it does is make a...

View more questions Search