Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meyersmeyers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2012, 02:38 AM
    Almost invisible insects
    After seeing the pictures on this website, it looks like we have spingtails, (at least that is what was in the glue traps) but the bugs we have bite and everything I have read says that springtails don't bite. [I]s it possible to have more than one bug in my house or do the springtails actually bite. They say springtails need moisture, but we live in AZ. I have been unmercifully bitten for the past 1 1/2 years and everyone treats me like I am crazy. I have a microscope and this is the first time I have been able to see the shape and appendages of an actgual bug but as I said, they look just like springtails that presumably don't bite.My body has been ravaged by these weird bugs. Please help. We have spent thousands of dollars on exterminators, chemicals and replacing the flooring and throwing away furniture and clothing. They are everywhere on my body and in my hair. Any help will be appreciated.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 22, 2012, 04:52 AM
    If you have caught some of them, take them to your nearest state ag extension (call around to find out where to bring samples).
    Do you have pets?
    Infestations can occur again and again, especially when you have pets.
    I agree that springtails are not considered biters.
    The usual tiny biters are fleas, bedbugs, lice, (and possibly mites including scabies).
    (I assume you have been through all of them, but I could possibly see a flea looking a little like a springtail?)
    Forgive me if I am rehashing the obvious.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone have an answer to these invisible biting insects? [ 11 Answers ]

My mother has been dealing with these invisible biting insects for five months now. They don't seem to bother my dad, just mom. They have bombed the house inside and out, torn out all carpet, got rid of all furniture, she washes daily, and cleans house over and over, they have two outfits only,...

Invisible insects biting and spreading in house [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I live in a 2 story house and this started about a week ago when myself and my roommate were starting to experience intense itching at night, we have no animals here at the house. A couple of days later I tried my hardest to inspect my bed which has light colored sheets. I saw nothing! Then...

How to erdicate invisible biting insects? [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know the answer

How to erdicate invisible biting flying insects [ 2 Answers ]

I Don't know the answer?

About insects [ 1 Answers ]

Why spiders are not called as insects?

View more questions Search