Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    time4sunshine Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2012, 08:47 PM
    Being bitten in bed, but don't see any insects
    I've seen similar postings on this site about this problem and it seems some people have found that they have collembola. I read about it and doubt this is my problem. It began only a couple nights ago. It only happens when I am in bed at night, which leads me to believe I, myself, am not carrying the insect on/in my skin. I feel bugs jumping on me and biting me, mostly on my arms. It itches but doesn't leave a mark. Sometimes I don't feel a bite, only a crawling feeling. When I look at the area, I do not see any insects. My guess is they are very tiny, smaller than fleas. Does anyone know what it could be and what I can do to rid this problem? I know they are not bedbugs or any other similar pests, because they are quite visible due to their size.

Apr 21, 2012, 08:57 PM
    I was just thinking, there are other tiny insects that are similar to collembola that could be the culprit. Perhaps dust mites? My cat seems to have ear mites, and he spends a great deal of time sleeping on my bed. Perhaps they have infested my bed and are now feeding on me?

Apr 21, 2012, 09:08 PM
    I just read that there are a number of mites that can get into a home and bite humans. Bird mites, rat mites. Then there are psocids, thrips, springtail (that colembolla), http://buginfo.com/article.cfm?id=37 All this information I'm finding on the internet is very interesting but it still doesn't answer the question... how do I get rid of it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My dog has never bitten before but now is... Why? [ 5 Answers ]

He is 2 and a rat terrier chiuaua mix. We got him from a shelter a week ago.

What could have bitten my wife? [ 9 Answers ]

Hey guys and gals, My wife and I are avid hikers and outdoor activity nuts. We take precautions against ticks, chiggers, and misquotes with good quality repellents and proper clothing. About a week ago, she thought she got a misquote bite on her forearm. The bite spot itself, was about...

I just got bitten, should I be concerned. [ 10 Answers ]

I just got bitten by a pit bull mix and it was deep enough to break skin but not enough to have to go to the ER. Is there anything else to be concerned about besides the bite itself?

Will I Be the Only One Bitten [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I got involved with a girl with a boyfriend that she was unhappy with and now it's coming back to bite me because I'm pretty sure they are getting back together and I'm left with no one to fall back on. I feel like when we were seeing each other she was trying to have her cake and eat it,...

Stung/bitten by a coral... what to do? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend was bitten or stung by a pink coral ( that's what he saw) 2 weeks ago during their diving activity. The area (in the legs) that was stung/bitten by coral is still very itchy. It grows like a mosquito bite, but super itchy. He tried putting it white vinegar but still no effect. I asked...

View more questions Search