Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fancyredbike1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2012, 07:45 PM
    Garage sale buy
    I pd 120.00 for a motorized cooler, I wanted it for the batteries more than anything. The seller told me it worked fine. Took home put on charger overnight, nothing, took back to him and explained it didn't work, he said it needed a few days charge , I charged for 3 days, still not enough charge to make it go! One, week n one day later, I took it back to him, expecting a refund, he says he as rights, and cannot return my money due to ing a week now, and says since I have had for a week, it's hard telling what as happened to it, since I had it a week. I ad it a week, because 3 of them days, it was charging ! And 2 of them days I worked n I'm not driving 12 miles to make this deal work. What rights do I have?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2012, 07:52 PM
    So was there any written agreement ?

But they never planned on giving you a refund, and normally something that worked fine, but has sat a while , the batteries will go dead, if batteries are dead for too long, they are no good.

So he may be correct, the cooler did work, but just needs new batteries, if you bought just for the batteries you needed to have batteries tested either before purchase or have a writtten agreement they will take it back if the batteries are no good.

But they just tried to get rid of you, not expecting you to come back after telling you to charge it longer. When you did come back, they were just making an excuse.

So was there an agreement for a refund if it did not work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I buy desktop Hardware in whole sale @ really cheap price? Online [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys,, I am trying to build computers, because it's part of my hobby to learn more about computers... I was wondering if there are any web sites where I could buy hardwares @ really cheap prices. For example motherboard for $20 , etc... plsss plsss plsss help, and I want to have as...

Tenants in a Short Sale trying to buy [ 3 Answers ]

Tenants in a Short Sale trying to buy We are the Tenants of a unit that is up for a Short Sale. We put an all cash bid down. We need help with the Terms of the continued occupancy during the sale process. 1) Our lease ends on 6/10/09 2) The Trustee owes $378k 3) Notice of foreclosure was...

How to buy a title insurance in California for a tax sale property? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any title insurance company in California that can sell title insurance for a property that we bought from san bernard county tax sale in California?

Buying a home for sale buy owner [ 5 Answers ]

My son wants to purchase a house that is for sale by owner. He does not want to pay for a lawyer. Should I worry about any leins that might be on the house

Relocated , Buy house before short sale? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband has been relocated with his company from California to Oregon. We've had our house up for sale for almost 3 months now reducing the price gradually from 269k to 229k w/out any calls. I've had different options thrown out at me. Some say buy a house in Oregon, before negotiating a short...

View more questions Search