Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2012, 05:17 PM
    Top 10 things you've seen with your own eyes..
    Hello:

I was watching baseball, and started thinking about the time I saw Ted Williams play when I was visiting my Grandpa in Chicago. That memory really stands out. I have others too. What's yours?

Here's my top ten:

1. Ted Williams.

2. Watching the Gemini space capsule glide down on parachutes and land near my ship in 1961.

3. Seeing the Space Shuttle flying on top of the 747.

4. Meeting Hopalong Cassidy when I was 5.

5. Seeing Charman Scroggs naked body when I was 6.

6. My son making his debut into the world in 1975..

7. Watching Fireball Roberts win the 1962 Daytona 500..

8. Watching the runway greet me gently during my first solo in 1968.

9. My first Doobie Brothers concert.

10. The cops attack people (me) at a peaceful Vietnam anti war march..

excon
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 21, 2012, 06:22 PM
    1) Seeing my daughter born

2) Seeing the Grand Canyon

3) Watching the New Orleans Saints win Super Bowl XLIV

4) Watching my daughter win her first bowling trophy

5) Seeing a tarantula molting

6) Evel Knievel... any of his "jumps"... I loved watching him

7) Seeing Buster Douglas take out Mike Tyson

8) Watching Road Warrior for the first time

9) Finding a nest of Black Widows in my mothers chicken "barn" in Arizona

10) Watching the Thunderbirds do an airshow over a beach in NJ when I was a kid
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2012, 09:03 AM
    Hello again,

What I didn't know yesterday, is that the baseball game I was watching was the only the 21st PERFECT GAME ever, in the whole wide world.

I got to add that to my list!

excon
    FirstChair Posts: 179, Reputation: 17

May 14, 2012, 04:44 PM
    1. 1962-Watching Johnny Cash sing. Yes, he was dressed in black.

2. 1967- Viewed the small 2 room house Elvis Presley was born in and saw Graceland Mansion from the gate.

3. 1972- Watched the Blue Angels perform aerobatic flight maneuvers at naval base in Cali.

4. 1973- Riding my motorcycle solo for the first time down a county road following other more experienced riders. Love the outdoor views.

5. 1976- Literally going through a rainbow while in a car, the colors moved across me for some distance while traveling…beautiful.

6. 1977- At a Righteous Brothers concert. Favorite: “You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'.”

7. 1978- Riding the Matterhorn Bobsleds at Disneyland in California. We rode it at night; the view was dark with lights. Kind of cool and more intensified not seeing where we were going, only the lights.

8. 1980s- Looking out, for the first time, from observation deck of the Space Needle in Seattle. It was the highest off the ground I've been, other than being in flight.

9. 1995- Entered my first LDS Temple…beautiful…serene…peaceful…in Awe. Also known as, “The House Of The Lord”

10. 1998/2007- The view as I drove an 18 wheeler (solo) all over the United States and Canada.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 14, 2012, 05:08 PM
    1. Martin Luther King, Jr. who visited the Chicago school where I was student teaching.

2. Smothers Brothers at Arie Crown Theater in Chicago.

3. Andy Williams and Henry Mancini at the same time, same show at Arie Crown, Chicago.

4. Watching flocks of geese in v-formation flying high in an autumn sky over my home in western NY. (Around here, they don't fly north in the spring or south in the fall any longer, but stick around Chicago-area ponds and lakes.)

5. Niagara Falls.

6. Standing at the edge of the Grand Canyon, seeing Yellowstone and most of the National Parks in the West.

7. Walking through the sacred grove and climbing the Hill Cumorah at Joseph Smith's home in Palmyra, NY.

8. Armstrong's walk on the moon.

9. Chatting with the infamous Steve Dahl in a shiatsu practitioner's waiting room but not knowing at the time who he was. (He was very sweet and a good conversationalist.)

10. Seeing a happy smile on my oncologist's face after my cancer surgery.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 14, 2012, 05:21 PM
    1. The birth of my two kids.

2. Watching my parents die (I know it's not an event that most people want to remember, and I wish I could forget, but I was there until the bitter end, and it was life changing).

3. Seeing Planet Hollywood open up in Hawaii and seeing all the celebrities come to the opening. Got a few great pictures.

4. Getting to see and touch the actual Delorian (sp?) that was in Back to the Future, before it was loaded off the truck and put in the new Planet Hollywood In Hawaii. Funny story. I actually thought the guys in the truck were stealing a car, until I noticed the license plate on the car and realized what it was. They were kind enough to let us climb on board. We got a few pictures. :)

5. Buying our first home.

6. Seeing my relatives in Germany after 14 long years. Sadly, it has now been 11 years since the last visit, and there's no way I can afford to go again any time soon. :( But still, I got to see them 11 years ago! :)

7. Rod and I celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary. The 17th is on May 27. :)

8. My son excelling even though he has ADHD, and doing it all without any medication.

9. Re-joining the work force after many years at home as a stay at home mom.

10. Everything my family does, every thing we go through, every tear, and every smile. One day I hope to write "Realizing my dream of becoming a write, and selling the wooden products I make".

Ya, it's all about me and my family, except for the Delorian. That was too cool to leave out. :)
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 14, 2012, 05:22 PM
    1) walking on Hadrian's Wall

2) swimming with green sea turtles in Hawaii

3) a hole in the ground with footprints at the sides to place your feet... it was the toilet in a nice restaurant in Sarajevo, Yugoslavia

4) a calf being born

5) Dlck Van Dyke walking through the mall in Paradise Valley, Arizona

6) the Osmonds in concert

7) the view from the top of Diamond Head

8) Mardi Gras in New Orleans

9) New Years in London

10) haggis
    Pets Expert

May 14, 2012, 05:26 PM
    Doula. Haggis? You are a braver person than I. :)
    Uber Member

May 14, 2012, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    It really wasn't bad at all. Not likely something I would order on a regular basis, but it was fun to try... :)
    Uber Member

May 14, 2012, 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstChair View Post

10. 1998/2007- The view as I drove an 18 wheeler (solo) all over the United States and Canada.

Just got my CDL... :) Time for a career change!
    Pets Expert

May 14, 2012, 05:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    It really wasn't bad at all. Not likely something I would order on a regular basis, but it was fun to try......:)
    You're talking to someone that tried escargot once. I had that snail in my mouth for 30 minutes, tried chewing, couldn't do it. I kept gagging because I knew what it was. I do have to say, the garlic sauce they cooked it in was good. But once I had sucked all that away, I spit that nasty snail out and vowed I'd never do it again. :)

May 14, 2012, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again,

What I didn't know yesterday, is that the baseball game I was watching was the only the 21st PERFECT GAME ever, in the whole wide world.

I gotta add that to my list!

excon
    Was that with the Mets? I've watched the Seattle Mariners in person a couple of times, all the rest on TV.

May 14, 2012, 05:51 PM
    Just got my CDL.....:) Time for a career change!
    Good luck... I loved driving big rigs, still do. It's just what you've got to deal with at times out there. Be safe.

May 14, 2012, 06:00 PM
    1) walking on Hadrian's Wall
    I haven't walked on or seen Hadrian's Wall in person, only pictures... but I have seen a real piece of the Berlin Wall and held it in my hands. Friends went over there when it was being hammered and chisled down, retrieving some pieces.
    Uber Member

May 14, 2012, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstChair View Post
    Was that the Mets? I've watched the Seattle Mariners in person a couple of times, all the rest on TV.
    Hello FC:

Nahh. It was the Chisox beating the Mariners.

excon
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 14, 2012, 06:18 PM
    1) The birth of all four children;
    2) The births of all 3 grandchildren;
    3) Kissing my son goodbye as he left for Iraq;
    4) Kissing my other son goodbye as he left for Iraq;
    5) Welcoming both sons home from Iraq;
    6) Camping at base camp of Mt. McKinley;
    7) Floating down the Kenai River in Alaska, gorgeous clear turquoise water;
    8) Having a grizzly bear mamma and her cubs entering camp while camping in Alaska;
    9) Delivering my first baby as a RN; and...
    10) Watching my daughter walk across the graduation stage, not yet, but on Thursday 5/17/12.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

May 14, 2012, 06:19 PM
    I don't know if I can keep it at a mere ten.

1-The birth of my children, I didn't SEE much but I was there.
    2-The birth of my grandson
    3-The NC mountains in the fall as the leaves changed.
    4-B.B. King, twice
    5-The view of Memphis from atop the Peabody Hotel
    6-The Cathedral of St John the Baptist in Savannah, GA
    7-My beagles first step after back surgery, leg surgery and 9 months of prayer. (RIP Sammy)
    8-A near mint condition 1958 Edsel, yes, I said Edsel
    9-Avatar in 3-D
    10-Watching jellyfish from the side of a boat off the NC coast, so graceful
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 14, 2012, 06:23 PM
    Im sure you have eaten blutwurst before. You seem brave to me.

May 14, 2012, 06:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello FC:

Nahh. It was the Chisox beating the Mariners.

excon
    Was your grandpa able to go with you too and being from Chicago wanted the Chisox to win! Catch any balls or come close?

May 14, 2012, 06:28 PM
    You're talking to someone that tried escargot once. I had that snail in my mouth for 30 minutes, tried chewing, couldn't do it. I kept gagging because I knew what it was. I do have to say, the garlic sauce they cooked it in was good. But once I had sucked all that away, I spit that nasty snail out and vowed I'd never do it again. :)
    I've eaten escargot and loved it! I think they mixed it with other ingredients & spices then put it back in the shell. Seemed like I was eating more than snail only.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My eyes see things with black spots or lines in black very disturbing to me now [ 1 Answers ]

When I see fir example... braided hair with scalp showing, or I saw a man with black massage stones on his body, things like that makes my skin crawl his happening?and feel eerie.. why is t

Can a lap top give a desk top a virus through a wireless connection? [ 6 Answers ]

Can a lap top give a desk top a virus through a wireless connection?

Top 10 Things Only Women Understand [ 5 Answers ]

10. Why it’s good to have five pairs of black shoes. 9. The difference between cream, ivory, and off-white. 8. Crying can be fun. 7. FAT CLOTHES. 6. A salad, diet drink, and a hot fudge sundae make a balanced lunch.

View more questions Search