Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 14, 2012, 06:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Im sure you have eaten blutwurst before. You seem brave to me.
    Ew! No! That I didn't even put into my mouth.

When it comes to food, I'm not brave at all. I like it bland, with a bit of seasoning, and nothing gross. My parents would be so disappointed, they loved blutwurst. But, if you know what it translates to, you'd likely not even have to see it to turn it down. It's blood sausage. Sorry, but no. No, no, no, no. I think I'd rather eat the snail. ;)
    FirstChair Posts: 179, Reputation: 17

May 14, 2012, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    1) The birth of all four children;
    5) Welcoming both sons home from Iraq;
    10) Watching my daughter walk across the graduation stage, not yet, but on Thursday 5/17/12.
    Glad your sons came home safe from Iraq, I too was relieved when my son returned from the Middle East. Early congrats to your daughter's graduation on the 17th of May! Is she your last baby?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 14, 2012, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstChair View Post
    I've eaten escargot and loved it! I think they mixed it with other ingredients & spices then put it back in the shell. Seemed like I was eating more than snail only.
    They put it back in the shell for me too, and the seasoning they cooked it in was great. Very garlicky. I love garlic. But once the garlic was gone, and all I had left was this rubbery snail, I just couldn't do it. I couldn't even bite down on it. In fact, just thinking about the fact that I had it in my mouth at all, makes me want to vomit right now.

Sigh. I'm such a wuss when it comes to food.

May 14, 2012, 06:43 PM
    excon,

8. Watching the runway greet me gently during my first solo in 1968.

What were you flying? Did you have time to enjoy the flight or were you too busy with the instrument panel and all? What an experience... not me, I'll be the passenger! :-)

May 14, 2012, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    They put it back in the shell for me too, and the seasoning they cooked it in was great. Very garlicky. I love garlic. But once the garlic was gone, and all I had left was this rubbery snail, I just couldn't do it. I couldn't even bite down on it. In fact, just thinking about the fact that I had it in my mouth at all, makes me want to vomit right now.

Sigh. I'm such a wuss when it comes to food.
    Is there a doctor in the house?! Lol! ;-)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 14, 2012, 06:45 PM
    Glad your sons came home safe from Iraq, I too was relieved when my son returned from the Middle East. Early congrats to your daughter's graduation on the 17th of May! Is she your last baby?
    Thank you, and thank your son for his service as well.

I have one more baby left at home, he's 10, so I'm sure I'll have another list of top 10 things as he grows up.

May 14, 2012, 06:50 PM
    Thank you, and thank your son for his service as well.

I have one more baby left at home, he's 10, so I'm sure I'll have another list of top 10 things as he grows up.
    I'm sure you will... and all being wonderful events is my hope for you and yours~ for all of us!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 14, 2012, 06:54 PM
    What were you flying? Did you have time to enjoy the flight or were you too busy with the instrument panel
    Hello again, FC:

A Cherokee 140. The cool thing about your first solo is that you're SOOO busy, you don't have time to realize that there was NOBODY up there to help if you forgot EVERYTHING...

excon
    bdaino Posts: 32, Reputation: 5

May 14, 2012, 06:57 PM
    10. A van's rear exploding and causing it to do a bicycle over the car I and my mom were in.

9. a space shuttle launch, (in person... can't remember which one darnit.

8. a former friend of mine stab another former friend of mine... holding him in my arms as he died.

7. an explosion that collapsed a tunnel right in front of me that other cars were driving through... supposedly an accident.

6. a jet crash in a field near where me and my friends where me and my friends were camping.

5. a series of shooting stars that lasted for nearly three seconds.

4. Josh Turner naming his band the 'Wisconsin Badgers' for a night.

3. a wave of rain as a storm rolled in over my house.

2. a bolt of lightning striking a tree.

1. time seemed to freeze around me as I looked into the eyes of a beautiful girl as we stood atop a rock suspended hundred of feet over devils' lake.

May 14, 2012, 06:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySam View Post
    I don't know if I can keep it at a mere ten.

1-The birth of my children, I didn't SEE much but I was there.
    2-The birth of my grandson
    4-B.B. King, twice
    7-My beagles first step after back surgery, leg surgery and 9 months of prayer. (RIP Sammy)
    8-A near mint condition 1958 Edsel, yes, I said Edsel
    I know, my list could have been much longer too, hard to choose the "Top Ten"! My only son's birth and my only grandson's birth too. I also saw B.B. King perform and had forgotten until you listed it! My dad had an Edsel, can't remember the make/model though...

May 14, 2012, 07:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    4. Watching flocks of geese in v-formation flying high in an autumn sky over my home in western NY. (Around here, they don't fly north in the spring or south in the fall any longer, but stick around Chicago-area ponds and lakes.)

5. Niagara Falls.

7. Walking through the sacred grove and climbing the Hill Cumorah at Joseph Smith's home in Palmyra, NY.

10. Seeing a happy smile on my oncologist's face after my cancer surgery.
    Did you know geese never leave their own behind? If one falls back at least 2 others will leave formation and go stay with the it until it recovers or dies. At least that's what I've heard or read.
    I've seen Niagara Falls on the Canadian side and had forgotten until reading your list.
    I would love to see the Hill Cumorah and walk through the sacred grove too!
    Glad you survived the surgery... hope all is well and continuing. Take care~
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

May 15, 2012, 02:52 AM
    I know, my list could have been much longer too, hard to choose the "Top Ten"! My only son's birth and my only grandson's birth too. I also saw B.B. King perform and had forgotten until you listed it! My dad had an Edsel, can't remember the make/model though...
    Yes, beautiful thing the birth of a child, especially that first grandchild.
    I left that first B.B. King concert with literal cracks in my palms from applauding so much.
    I think Edsels were only in productions for 2-3 years because they totally flopped, but the uniqueness of the car is very appealing to me.

I thank your son and J-9 sons for service to our country, I only wish that we lived in a world that no child ever had to go to war.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 15, 2012, 03:00 AM
    1) The birth of all four children;

5) Welcoming both sons home from Iraq;
    I can say the same for the first when I had my four... :)

Welcoming your sons home must have been one of the most precious gifts of a lifetime. Thank you, thank you, thank you to them and to you and your family!
    Uber Member

May 15, 2012, 03:03 AM
    You're talking to someone that tried escargot once.

Have only tried it once myself. I also liked the garlic sauce, but couldn't get passed the texture. It was too much like what you would envision!
    Uber Member

May 15, 2012, 03:04 AM
    I too was relieved when my son returned from the Middle East. Early
    A big thank you to your son and to your family!
    Cats Expert

May 15, 2012, 03:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    1) walking on Hadrian's Wall
    I have to admit it, I had to Google Hadrians wall, just added to my list of things I would LIKE to see before my time is up.
    Cats Expert

May 15, 2012, 03:18 AM
    You're talking to someone that tried escargot once. I had that snail in my mouth for 30 minutes, tried chewing, couldn't do it. I kept gagging because I knew what it was. I do have to say, the garlic sauce they cooked it in was good. But once I had sucked all that away, I spit that nasty snail out and vowed I'd never do it again. :)
    Braver than me, I don't think the texture would agree with me even long enough to suck off the yummy garlic sauce.

May 16, 2012, 12:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, FC:

A Cherokee 140. The cool thing about your first solo is that you're SOOO busy, you don't have time to realize that there was NOBODY up there to help if you forgot EVERYTHING...

excon
    The little Indian that could…I’d like to have one of those parked in a hanger on my property, but I’d need a pilot to fly it…and a runway! Lol! Glad you made it to the ground safely, what an accomplishment! Ok, your landing was smooth…how about your take off? Evidently it went well, my friend. I think I'd be saying... Wheeeee! Not really. ;-)
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 13, 2012, 02:22 AM
    1. 1966 - being at the helm of a hand built trimaran out on the open sea late at night, the other 4 people sleeping, more stars than imaginable, little flying fish bumping into me, 5 days away from land, no ship to shore radio, fearless and foolish for 2 months.
    2. early nineties - the homeless people of Harvard Square taking care of me when I was horribly depressed after being ditched by my husband.
    3. Spending the last years of my dad's life with him, the kindest, gentlest soul I ever knew.
    4. All my pets, past and present and future.
    5. mid 70s: managing to save 17 seats for friends in the bleachers at Fenway Park, by standing on one seat and waving my arms and screaming, (no assigned seats then), and getting Bill Lee to smile at me from the Fenway bullpen, while he did yoga, by yelling 'positive momentum.' And other stories.
    6. Being underwater, whether in a lake or ocean, anywhere in the world.
    7. 1980s - getting a Sawzall as a gift, and taking down half the walls in the house, making a huge mess, and getting ditched by the husband mentioned above.
    8. Playing with MacDraw and MacPaint on a Mac before Macs were even out, while working at Infocom, the computer game company.
    9. The never ending wonders of outer space as shown by Hubble and those plucky little Voyagers.
    10. Seeing the human capacity for boundless love and unspeakable cruelty, and never reconciling it.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 13, 2012, 07:03 AM
    In no particular order:

1. The collapse of the World Trade Center buildings on 9-11
    2. My kids being born
    3. Walking my daughters down the aisle
    4. The US Olympic hockey team beating the Soviets in 1984 -" Do you believe in miracles?"
    5. The '86 Mets winning game 6 of the World Series (Mookie Wilson's dribbler through Bill Buckner's legs)
    6. Driving the corkscrew at Mazda Raceway - Laguna Seca
    7. Watching my daughter's crew team win the collegiate national championships - see photo below as they celebrate winning coxswain
    8. Meeting my granddaughter for the first time
    9. The Grand Canyon
    10. The view from the top of Mt. Washington
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My eyes see things with black spots or lines in black very disturbing to me now [ 1 Answers ]

When I see fir example... braided hair with scalp showing, or I saw a man with black massage stones on his body, things like that makes my skin crawl his happening?and feel eerie.. why is t

Can a lap top give a desk top a virus through a wireless connection? [ 6 Answers ]

Can a lap top give a desk top a virus through a wireless connection?

Top 10 Things Only Women Understand [ 5 Answers ]

10. Why it’s good to have five pairs of black shoes. 9. The difference between cream, ivory, and off-white. 8. Crying can be fun. 7. FAT CLOTHES. 6. A salad, diet drink, and a hot fudge sundae make a balanced lunch.

View more questions Search