Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rob Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Static on YouTube, etc.
    When playing clips from YouTube and MySpace I often hear periods of loud static. I know it's not in the posted vids since sometimes the same ones are fine. Is this likely to be a problem on my end or is it the nature of such sites? I have no problem with audio on files I've downloaded to hard drive. Thanks in advance
    BenReilly Posts: 55, Reputation: 6

Feb 22, 2007, 06:22 PM
    Does the static occur while streaming is still in progress? What happens if you let the clip load till the end and then start playing it? And check the versions of the Flash Player and Shockwave Player you have installed!

Feb 23, 2007, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BenReilly
    Does the static occur while streaming is still in progress? What happens if you let the clip load till the end and then start playing it? And check the versions of the Flash Player and Shockwave Player you have installed!
    I'm not sure I understand. It happens while streaming. How would I load it first?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2007, 07:39 AM
    When you click on a YouTube link, and the box comes up, press the pause button, and wait for the red line to fill all the way to the end, then press play. See if this solves your problem.

The problem might be that you are playing it faster than you can download it.

Feb 24, 2007, 05:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    When you click on a youtube link, and the box comes up, press the pause button, and wait for the red line to fill all the way to the end, then press play. See if this solves your problem.

The problem might be that you are playing it faster than you can download it.
    While a YouTube clip is playing it is generally not possible to click on any icons. (Could this also be part of the problem?)

Would it work to just play it on mute first and then hit watch again?

How might I adjust how fast I'm playimg the audio?

Thanks again.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2007, 07:33 AM
    Hmm it always lets me pause, I'm afriand I'm stumped then. You could try to mute it first time round and then play again.
    jham_lindow Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Aug 20, 2007, 03:33 PM
    If the problems happens while you stream, just increase the speed of the downloading process. Since each connection to YouTube is allotted a certain amount of bandwidth(has to to keep up with usage) you can download speedbit video accellerator. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I upload video into YouTube? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a video of a speech that I gave that is on dvd and I want to download it to my computer and then upload it to YouTube, etc. so I can share it online but I can't figure it out for some reason. Any advice or help would be great!

Embeding A Youtube Video? [ 1 Answers ]

How do you embed just the video in a discussion forum rather than the whole page in YouTube? I tried copying and pasting the "embed" option but only the long series of words and numbers appeared, not the video.

YouTube- My Uploaded Videos vs. Channel [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I can't believe that I have been unable to find any help on YouTube online, so here I am. :) I am uploading videos for the first time to YouTube and have some people I am sharing them with, but private. I don't know how to get these videos to show on my channel page. I can copy...

Uploading a V.O.B. File to YouTube [ 2 Answers ]

A live video feed was loaded onto my hard drive in a V.O.B. format. This was done through a "dazzle" device. I want to upload this video onto YouTube. I have never uploaded any video to YouTube. Can video in that format be uploaded? If so, please provide step-by-step instuctions. If I edit...

How do you download from YouTube [ 1 Answers ]

How Do You download From Youtube.com

View more questions Search