Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ponylover Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2012, 10:54 AM
    I can't get over my anorexia!
    I am 15 and I am very skinny for my age. Until a few months ago I ate the normal amount someone should and did lots of exercise (I ride everyday) but suddenly, I can't even remember how it happened, I thought I was fat. At that time I only weighed 42kg and my doctor said I was on the end of the scale for my age, but not underweight. But every time I looked in the mirror, especially after I had eaten all I could see was a humongous sticky out bloated stomach. So I ate less. I cut down from 2 pieces of toast for breakfast to 1. I had no snacks and smaller lunches. Sometimes I only had a lettuce leaf for dinner. My weight dropped to 38.4kg and my mum and dad started to worry when I called up very night from boarding school in tears because I was scared I had eaten too much. I felt tired all the time and my spots grew worse. Like I said, I had always been very skinny and I always has cold hands and feet and you could see things like my hip bones, but my bones became more noticeable and that was when I realised I was anorexic. I didn't care, all I wanted was to be thinner. But suddenly it dawned on me what I was doing to myself, I tried to eat more but every time I ate more all I could see was a fat weirdo girl, a couple of times I tried to make myself sick. I do eat more now, I love food and weaken at it, but I still calorie count and try to not eat enough. At the moment I am eating under 1200 calories a day, and it makes me happy to think that I am not eating enough. What can I do? I want to be able to eat again without looking in the mirror and regretting it every time, but I also don't want to put on weight. I hate it so much!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2012, 11:05 AM
    If it is a proper meal 1200 is not a bad calorie count, but how about stopping the counting.

But talk to your parents, you need to get a professoinal counselor and get into a program.
    taylorbugzz Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2012, 02:51 PM
    I am the same way and still am I'm weigh under weigh I'm 15 and I weigh 95 pounds people said I would like to be that skinny but when I look in mirrior I look fat and I my body would get cold like that to I know how it feels.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Subconscious Anorexia [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to become anorexic with no deliberate intentions of losing weight or anything? I've just felt incredibly without appetite for the last week or so, and I've had dips like this before but never to this extent. When I consider eating just for the heck of it I counter the thought with...

Define Anorexia [ 1 Answers ]

I'm an overweight person myself but I'm struggled with eating disorders all my life. I have been anorexic. But since I'm overwt, and starving myself constantly, and starting to lose wt, am I considered anorexic or is there a name for this?

Can't get over anorexia? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, 4 years ago I became anorexic, its hard to even remember why it happened, I just know every time I weighed myself or looked in the mirror I was fat! I was only 16 and didn't think any thing of not eating for a week and then only eating 500 kcals on some days.I didn't think it would harm my...

Anorexia [ 3 Answers ]

I like a girl A lot but she thinks she is fat. She doesn't has no fat on her. She has that like tiny bit of what I would call skin around her belt line in stomach. But she does not have a belly. She has already been put in a hospital for not eating. And talks about passing out like its nothing. She...

View more questions Search