Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ggkrs Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 10:58 AM
    Amateur investor
    I am an amateur in investing I have been following the US stock market and researching stocks for the past 6 months and reading books that would help me with the stocks.

I would like to start investing money into the stock market, but I am anxious if I have enough knowledge to start with. Is it a good time to start investing, since there are some fluctuations in the market right now. Also, where should I start my investing with, should I start with smaller companies and start buying stocks under $10 until I get the hang of it? What is the best online brokerage site that I could use?

I know I have asked a lot of questions, but I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks again...
    Rocky Motto Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Feb 25, 2007, 02:25 PM
    You should not start with individual stocks. You should go to a company like Vanguard where the costs are low and start buying into Mutual funds. You could even use one of there funds that are actually made up of a series of funds. When you start with something like that you are investing in the market and not taking the risk of investing in one or two companies. In a good mutual fund your risk is spread over a lot of companies not just a couple. The market is very well valued now and it is not a time to try to pick a stock. Just invest in a fund and be willing to see some times when you have a loss, but in the long run you will do fine.
    ggkrs Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 11:31 AM
    Thanks for your response... :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Investor(s) [ 4 Answers ]

I am in the Austin, Texas area and have everything I need to start my restaurant... everything except 1-2 investors. Could anyone give me advice on how I can go about finding investors? Any help and/or info would be appreciated.

View more questions Search