Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    killshot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2012, 06:11 PM
    Sony camera lenses
    I was gifted a Sony alpha a77 by my wife and it came with the 16-50mm lens and it focus automatically but does it zooms automatically and if it does how do I change the settings to make it zoom automatically?
    solidzane Posts: 111, Reputation: 8

Apr 21, 2012, 12:37 PM
    No, the camera will not zoom automatically. You have to twist on the telephoto ring on the lens. It should be a rubber grip that dominates the most space of the lens. There should be markings showing 16mm-50mm. Twist towards 50 to zoom in, and towards 16 to zoom out.

Be careful not to twist on the focus ring when in auto focus mode... The focus ring is at the front of the lens and you should notice it automatically turning when pointing the camera.

That is an awesome camera. It's not a point and shoot where you simply press a button to zoom. Be sure to take time and read the owners manual and any other helpful materials. I recommend getting a copy of "dSLRs and Photography for Dummies." I read that book and learned more from it than my digital photo class in college. Welcome to the world of hobbyist/professional photographers. :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Analog camera lenses for digital camera body? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 6006 Nikon with four lenses (Macro, tele, PC, and 35-89mm. I'm thinking about buying a Nikon D3100, digital camera. Can I use my Nikon 6006 lenses on the Nikon D3100 body?

Sony Cybershot Camera - taking movies [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Sony Cybershot digital camera which doesn't appear to record any sound when taking videos. What am I doing wrong??

Sony cybershot digital camera [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to download 44 pictures on to my computer. I know how to download pictures but there seem to be a problem with these pictures. They are in an album and not in a folder. How can I download these pictures from the album?

Sony Cyber-shot camera [ 1 Answers ]

I need help with a question about my camera. If any of you have this type of camera and its happened to you before, please let me know what to do. I have a sony cybershot and tonight I went to take a picture with the flash and it everytime I hit the flash button it does like this three or four...

Digital Camera Sony Finalization [ 1 Answers ]

At the end of finalizing my disc in the Sony Handycam Camera I received a disc error, all was working fine up until then. Camera is a few months old. Can I somehow retrieve the data off the disc? It won't let me unfinalize or read it from the computer. Help!

View more questions Search