Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DUSTERSH Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2012, 04:50 PM
    Honda 18 hp V twin no spark
    Hustler mower with 18 hp. Honda engine , no spark on ether plug. When it starts it will run and start all day, next day on start. The diode stop module was replaced, no spark, stop wires removed from coils no spark, resistance measurements at all points on each coil are the same. When the stop wire from the diode module is disconnected from the wiring harness that separates the engine from all safety switches no spark.
    Help
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Apr 20, 2012, 07:57 PM
    Hi,
    I need some numbers to proceed. I have access to Hustler manuals and Honda manuals, but need a place to start looking.
    Peace,
    Clarke

May 9, 2012, 08:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by crigby View Post
    Hi,
    I need some numbers to proceed. I have access to Hustler manuals and Honda manuals, but need a place to start looking.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    From DUSTERSH
    I have found there is no spark on ether plug when trying to start engine when the battery is 60,65% no lode. When a charger is hooked up in the start mode the engine will start every time. Once engine is started it will continue to start if it does not set to long. Got a new battery starts every time.

May 9, 2012, 08:58 AM
    From DUSTERSH
    I have found there is no spark on ether plug when trying to start engine when the battery is 60,65% no lode. When a charger is hooked up in the start mode the engine will start every time. Once engine is started it will continue to start if it does not set to long. Got a new battery starts every time.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

May 13, 2012, 08:40 PM
    Hi,
    Most Honda engines of this type use a battery-energized coil for each cylinder. Check for good voltage at the coils.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs 16hp V-twin no spark [ 7 Answers ]

I have a briggs Vanguard 16hp V-Twin with no spark. Had trouble with it a couple months back (no fuel and no Spark on one side). This engine is mounted in a van and used for turning carpet cleaning equipment Gets a lot of hours year round. I figured I'd do some work on it while I had it out, here...

Briggs and stratton vanguard 16 hp twin engine with no spark [ 10 Answers ]

I have a new Briggs and Stratton Vanguard 16hp twin installed in an ATV. Unfortunately on a shakedown run the exhaust pipe loosened and fell on the wireing harness from the ignition key and the engine immediately stopped as the pipe melted through the wire insulation, I assume shorting something...

Craftsman Twin 17hp no spark [ 8 Answers ]

Been searching but haven't found an answer to my problem. Craftsman twin 17hp rider Model 917.2559105 and has no spark. Found that I have a bad clutch switch so I jump that trying to get the engine started. Engine turns over fine but no spark to the plug, well sometimes it does and most of the time...

Briggs and Stratton opposed twin NO SPARK [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old dresser lawn tractor. It was running when I parked it last fall. Now it cranks but won't start. I can't detect any spark. I removed the kill wire from the magneto & jumped the solenoid; spins, but still no spark. There are interlocks on the mower engage lever, but the clutch & seat...

View more questions Search