Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justme1234 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2012, 12:14 PM
    Late period
    I haven't gotten my period this month yet. I took 2 pregnancy tests and they both came up negative. What do I do?
    KrissyI12cjc Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2012, 12:46 PM
    I have the same problem sometimes. Most likely you are not pregnant. You should wait and see if it will come the next month (it could just be that it's coming late) which is normal. Also what I would advice you to do is check your doctor because this could be a hormonal problem (which was the case in my situation). If it is a hormonal problem then that can easily be fix by taking the pill. A good way to know if it is a hormonal problem you should take note of how often your period comes on time and if the time is the same (3-5 days is considered normal, more than that could show a sign of hormonal problems) my doctor told me that so I am quoting her. Also if you happen to miss you period offen and have heavy bleeding during that time for most of the days could also indicate that (e.g. if yours come for 8 days and you bleed heavy for 5 days) and spotting even after you period is finished. So take note of these things. Hope this helped in some way.

Apr 20, 2012, 12:48 PM
    I normally start on or around the 16th. So I was just wondering and with the hpt coming up negative I'm not sure what to do.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2012, 01:34 PM
    I would not consider anything less than 1 full week late. Our periods can be irregular from time to time. But it also could be too early to register on a pregnancy test. If it hasn't come in another week then retest. If it is still negative, see your doctor.

Apr 20, 2012, 01:36 PM
    Thanks for all the help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My period one month late from privious period and hcg test is negative.why? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi all, I missed my periods since 2 months back. That means I had my starting period on 22 feb and from that day now today is 20 April, I have no period. Hcg test is negative. Is there any chance to get pregnant? If any one faced the same problem please share own experience. Before these problem...

I'm age 24 only my period is one and half month late but I'm NOT had sex why its late [ 1 Answers ]

I'm age 24 only. My period is one and half month late but I'm NOT had sex why its late.PLEASE HELP ME

I had a D&C March 25th, a regular period the next month. My May period was week late, [ 1 Answers ]

I had a D&C March 25th, a regular period the next month. My May period was week late, and my June period was only 3 days of light bleeding. I haven't had regualr periods since the birth of my first baby 4/6/09.. whom I breastfeed for 7 months. Anyway my question is I have been so nauseus and just...

Late period(26 days late) negative HPT's [ 7 Answers ]

I was supposed to have my period about 26 days ago. I still haven't had it, and I have taken 3 HPT, they all came out negative. I've been feeling dizzy and REALLY REALLY tired all the time. I have body itches and headaches andi feel sick at night and in the mornings. I'm also urinating more than...

7 days late period, unprotected sex, light period but 2 negative pregnancy tests [ 9 Answers ]

STRESSED! The first day of my last period was May 13th, 2009. My ex & I had unprotected sex on May 31st, 2009 (we did the pull out method 2 times). I was supposed to get my period around May 8th or 9th & didn't get it until May 16th & it was noticeably lighter & ended on May 17th. I took a digital...

View more questions Search