Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1don1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2012, 11:55 AM
    Mower blades won't operate
    Why won't the blades work on my john deere l130 mower?
    tommybwiz Posts: 58, Reputation: 2

Apr 20, 2012, 07:33 PM
    Newer riding mowers have an electric clutch that operate the blades. There is a fuse for it, probably under the hood. Find the wire coming from the clutch and trace it back to the fuse, then check to see if it is blown.
    The clutch is located beneath the motor where the belt goes around the pulley.
    rfishr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2012, 07:49 PM
    On my craftsmen lawn tractor I had to adjust the electronic clutch. There are 3 adjustment screws leaving a given gap you adjust with a feeler gauge, if it's not just right the blades won't turn. And of course the obvious, check that the belt didn't slip off the clutch or a pulley.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John deere 455 mower. Blades go on and off as mower is running. Why? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 455 John deere mower. When I pull the pto switch the blades engage. But as I keep mowing the blades kick off and on. Put new pto switch in. put new battery on. Voltage from alternator is good. Could it be the pto solenoid? If not then what?

Blades on riding mower will not work when lever is in operate. [ 4 Answers ]

The lever that spins the blades on poulan riding mower does not operate, why?

How to operate a riding murray lawn mower [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Murray 17hp twin engine riding mower. Started it up this morning and it will not go into gear and it starts with the gear in revearse mode. What could be the problem? Thanks

I used cheap blades on my troy-bilt pony mower &now my oem blades slip help? [ 2 Answers ]

Ndering which parts to replace and where to find them?

View more questions Search