Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brandyK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2012, 09:04 AM
    Two possible fathers
    Ok I'm so lost in who the father could be. I am 15 weeks right now. I had intercourse with one guy dec 25. And a different guy jan 3rd. Who is the father?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 20, 2012, 09:12 AM
    The one who will match the DNA test you have to do when the child is born. The dates for sex are too close to know which one it was.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2012, 11:06 AM
    If I had to guess based on dates and how far along you are, I would say the one in January, but sperm can live for several days in the womb, so Fr. Chuck is correct in saying the DNA test is the only way to know for sure. The dates are just too close. The reason I would guess the partner in January, is because it makes more sense based on your 15 week gestation, but if that hasn't been accurately identified through an ultrasound (typically done at 18-20 weeks, and still not 100% accurate) then it really is up in the air. Not that it isn't already. Best to be safe and have the DNA test done after birth. You will want to know who the father is for sure in case your baby develops medical problems later where family history is important. It would be far worse to let someone fall in love with "their" baby and then learn 2-3 years down the line that it is not their's at all.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2012, 02:52 PM
    I wouldn't even guess at this. Wait until the chld is born, have DNA testing done.

Anything else is pure guesswork. I've seen Physicians make mistakes in calculating due dates, when a person got pregnant.

Family medical history AND support for the child are important.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to see my fathers will [ 4 Answers ]

Do I have a legal right to see my father's will following his death?

On Fathers Day... Happy Fathers Day [ 10 Answers ]

Happy Fathers Day to all of you Dads on the forum and to your Dads. For all the fathers who are no longer with us. Love you Dad and I miss you every day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1TAQ4j16RA - - Cached - Similar pages

Want to marry but have same fathers name on birth certificate but different fathers [ 1 Answers ]

My mother was pregnant with me when she met the man who's name I on my birth certicate after she passed I found my real father. I wasn't close to the father on the birth certicate didn't know his children now I want to marry the son but we are no kin what do I need to do. His name is on both of the...

Fathers last name [ 2 Answers ]

Do I have to be present at the birth of my child in atlanta for the child to be given my last name

How to claim fathers from fathers neglegence in child support after 20 years [ 2 Answers ]

I was born in georgetown guyana.my dad departed yo canada since I was a 4 year old kid,I suffered since because dad never sent one sent to my grandma (his mom to support me)AS A RESULT I WAS PHYSICALLY,PHYCHOLOGICALLY,SEXUALLY AND MORE,abused as a result of dads absence and lck of responsabliity as...

View more questions Search