Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jill_hinz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2012, 05:59 AM
    How To Troubleshoot A Cal Spa Temperature Heater?
    Hello,
    I have a cal spa serial # 6988 model v500... It was working great... we when to use it the next evening and heat was at 85 and would not heat past 85, Turned power off for few hours reset still did not heat past 85. EC mode set to 100, ST mode set to 100, Sl mode set to 100 still did no heat past 85, I set the filter to run continuously still won't heat past 85..?
    Thank You for your time and help
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2012, 06:16 AM
    Easiest would be to look for voltage on terminals going to the heater. An amprobe would tell if its working.
    Also if it has voltage to the element and it isn't heating, it is likely open.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cal spa heater not working [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 2004ish used calspa. The gfci tripped and keeps tripping. I cleaned the wire terminals and installed a new gfci breaker, unplugged the spa pack inputs one by one and it still tripped. So I opened the spa pack and removed the heater leads from the terminals and the gfci does NOT trip...

Cal spa whisper 5000 heater [ 1 Answers ]

I have a calspa with a whisper 5000 it will not heat up past 89 is there two stages of the heater and one is out I have 124 volts to each lug to the heater any advice would be great thanks

Cal spa heater whisper power unit [ 3 Answers ]

I have a cal spa the heater light is on but not heating up just staying at 78 degrees I have a meter but not sure which wires to check on my whisper power unit. There is also a long round fuse that is a bg3031 could that be the problem?

Cal spa heater [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 1999 cal spa just got it and got it up and running tonight. The pump runs fine but the only time the heater light is on is when the pump is running is that normal?

Cal spa 5000 heater not working? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Cal Spa 5000 and it was manufactured in 2003. It will not heat up and the jets are running with the thermos stat set to 100 degrees . I have turned the power on and off but still have no heat. Thanks

View more questions Search